Chapter 4 - Brandon

After a few minutes of driving we pulled up to quite a big house, it seemed as though it had 3 floors, not including the attic. There were people with red solo cups, throwing up on the front lawn. I was confused on how people could already be so drunk as the party started almost 30 minutes ago. The curtains were opened to reveal a bunch of high school students dancing with red solo cups in their hands. 

I got out of the car, following Brandon's steps. He locks the car door and it beeps. He reaches up to me and we walk in the house together, before stepping in I look around on the street to see if Sydney's car was there. 

It wasn't. At this point, I was starting to get a little worried. I know Sydney, and I know she would never miss a party, even she was grounded she would find some way to come. 

"Are you okay?" Brandon asks I turn to look at him and smile trying to hide my concern. 

He smiles and opens up the door to reveal probably hundreds of students dancing around, I walk in and he walks in behind me. I planned on heading to a small quiet place where no stupid drunk kids could bother me. "I'm going to go get a drink," Brandon informs me. I ignore him and push past all the drunks to try and go upstairs. 

I assumed there would be at least one open room or small little lounge area where barely anybody stood. 

I reached the stairs and walked past 2 couple who seemed to be making out, I mentally gag walking past them. I make my way upstairs and open up a door, it was a little lounge area with only 2 people inside, the boy sat on a beanbag was smoking and the girl next to him was dancing to music, I'm guessing. 

You could barely hear the music from up here, but I'm guessing she was drunk. I look around, my eyes catch a door that was open. I walk over to it, the door leads to a beautiful balcony with lights hanging about the rails. I stand next to the railing, the wind was blowing through my hair. There wasn't much of view, only some other big houses. 

"Having fun there?" I hear a voice ask, I almost jump and turn around to the sound of the voice. There sat a boy with dark brown hair that looked black under the navy blue sky, I could tell it was brown though from the light that shined through the windows. 

He had dark brown eyes and he was smirking. 

"Sorry," I start, his smirk disappears into a look of pure confusion. "I didn't mean to bother you," I finish. I was about to walk away when he stops me. 

"No," He begins, he gets up and takes a step closer to me. "It's fine," 

As he reaches I soon recognize him as Hayden Feilds. Brandon's best friend. I chuckle nervously, before leaving the room and heading back downstairs. 

I don't know what happened but suddenly I felt the need to drink. I needed to have a little buzz in me if I was going to enjoy this party without any of my friends being here. I head down the stairs walking past the same making out, couple. I walked over to the kitchen, once again, having to push through a bunch of drunk students. 

I reach the kitchen and see that it was almost empty except for some people standing by the counter talking. I take up a red solo cup from the stack neatly placed on the kitchen island. I look around at the options I had to drink, there was beer, vodka, and orange juice. 

I pick up the orange juice and pour some into my cup, then take up the vodka and pour only 2 shots, which ends being half of the bottle. I didn't care as I was probably just going to end up drinking only half of it anyways. 

I take a few sips and cough a little, tasting how bitter the Vodka had made the orange juice. I chug down the rest of the cup and make myself an extra cup.