Chapter 10 - No Means No

It had been a few days since Hayden had asked me out, everything got very awkward and quiet and he texted me apologizing for even asking. I didn't reply. 

It was now Monday and I dreaded going to school. Partly, because of seeing Hayden and also because of seeing Brandon. 

I know he would mostly be talking about the whole plan with Bethany as that's the only thing he obsessed over the past 2 days. I was fine with it though, I understand why he would be. 

Some girl was ruining his life for some unknown reason. I take one last look in the mirror, I decided to do the same look as I did yesterday, but added some extra touches. It kinda disappointed me when Brandon didn't acknowledge my new look. He didn't even compliment or stare at me in any awing way and it annoyed me. 

I know I really shouldn't have cared but I couldn't help myself. Brandon had done something to me and it really confused me on what. I straightened up my black long-sleeved crop top and fixed the fly on my blue jeans. 

The crop top I wore didn't show to much skin, just enough that I was comfortable with wearing it. 

I picked up my bag and headed downstairs putting on my black and white vans. "Bye Dad," I called out to my father before putting opening up the door and closing and walking out. 

I was soon met with a flustered looking Alissa as I walked down the street. "What happened to you?" I ask her, my eyebrow raising in confusion. 

"I was running late and I had to run to catch up with you," she breathes out. I snort at her state before we reach the school. I walked up the stairs hoping that Brandon would be there, the girls who usually stood at the front of the school al turned their heads when they saw me and Alissa walk through the door. 

Instead of their heads turning back like usual, they continued to stare at mostly me, as we walked down the hallway. 

"Blake!" I heard a familiar squeal. I saw a small figure running up to me and soon saw Sydney as she neared.  "What did you do?" she asks. 

I look at her confused and then at Alissa who had the same expression on her face. Sydney rolled her eyes before all 3 of us started walking towards Alissa's locker. "Everyone has been talking about you," she states. 

"Why?" I ask, as far as I'm concerned I hadn't done much to anyone or anything for people to care about me. 

"Apparently, they saw you kiss Brandon, others are saying that Hayden and you are dating and others are just stupid ones about how you're preggo with Brandon's baby," she says. I snort at the last one. 

Her face was straight and it confused me on why "What's wrong?" I ask her, as I turn my gaze away from her and focused on Alissa. 

"Were you out with Brandon?" she asks me, very sternly. I smile and look back at her. 

"No," I lied. She nodded instantly believing me and I didn't really care that I lied seeing as I lied for a good cause. She smiles back at me and we begin heading to my locker as Alissa finished getting ready. 

***

It was lunch now, I sat around my usual table with my friend who all ate their food happily talking about a dumb show I didn't care to watch. 

I was too busy searching the cafeteria looking for a certain someone, I didn't see him anywhere but as I looked over at the popular table I found a sight that was truly horrifying. 

They all stared back at me. I saw one of the girls, also one of the most popular girls, Stephanie wave their hands over at me motioning for me to come over. I turned back around and slowly got up, Alissa and Syd to indulged in their conversation to notice I was gone I walked over to the table that I never once thought I would be able to sit at.