Chapter 11 - Brand-- Hayden.

They all looked back at me their mouths open, they turned to each other for a second before the traffic light turned green and Sydney began driving off. 

"We heard you over the speakers today," Syd starts, she sounded pretty surprised and I smiled sheepishly before she continued. "Is this why people think that you and Brandon are a thing?" she asked me. 

"Yeah?" I answered her. 

She pulled up to my house and stopped right in front of it. I picked up my backpack and opened up the car door. 

"I'm picking you up at 8:00," she said before I walked out of the car and made my way up my porch stairs into my house. 

My father wasn't home if he was then the smell of something delicious would have filled my nose as soon as I walked inside. 

I ran up the stairs as I looked at the time,

3:00.

Sydney was going to pick me up at 8 for Hayden's congratulations party. 

I didn't know I wanted to go to a party. I think I honestly just wanted to be next to Brandon most of the time. 

I meant Hayden. Seeing as I was going to be going on a date with him soon, I think Hayden would the more respectable though. 

I plopped down on my bed, one leg stretched out while the other one was down on the floor. 

Did I like Brandon? 

I shook my head as soon as the thought crossed my mind, hoping to diminish it as soon as possible. I took out my phone and went on youtube. I thought that while I waited I might as well entertain myself. 

I scrolled through the bunch of videos YouTube had recommended me to watch when I came across when that stood out the most.

HOW TO GET YOUR CRUSH TO LIKE YOU!

Was the title of the video that had a crazy smiling looking girl as the thumbnail. I clicked on the video and watched it with eager eyes. I was hoping to just learn a few tricks that could get Bran-- Hayden, on his knees as the girl in the video said. 

"Step 1- 

Smell Good. Boys like hygiene, no boy wants to be a girl that smells like Panda butt." the girl snickered an I held up one arm and sniffed my pit. It didn't smell too bad, it reeked of very high smelling deodorant. 

"Step 2 - 

Touching. When around a guy you like you should try and rub your neck or put a strand of hair behind your ear. The neck and behind the ear are one of the spots on your body that makes guys seem much more attracted to you" I nodded and simply hummed at this new piece of information. "That's why we always put perfume on our necks" she continued. 

"Step 3- 

Dress Nice. Always look your best when around boys, especially when you're out in public." That's all she said before continuing on with her next step. I decided to ignore that one as a guy himself had once said, 

"Sweatpants, hair- tied, chilling with no makeup on, that's when you're the prettiest," 

Drizzy Drake himself. 

I watched a few more videos after that, eager to learn how to a guy to like you, I didn't get too out of hand like I did in middle school. I used to get out a notebook and write down every piece of information I had come up with. It was one of the stupidest things and I am pretty sure I still have that notebook somewhere. 

After a few more desperate videos, it was 6:30 pm and I thought it would be a good time to get started on my appearance. 

I went and searched through my closet, hoping to find some type of cute piece of clothing to put on. I searched around till I found it, I nodded after thinking of what Sydney would say if she saw me wearing this. 

I took it off the hanger and threw it on my bed and found matching shoes to go with. 

I then headed into the shower, putting my hair up into the messy bun it had been in before. The curls that I had worn on Sunday had worn out as my hair was naturally straight and refused to stay curled for more than a day. 

I headed into the shower and tried to avoid getting my hair wet as it would only make me getting ready much harder. After 30 minutes later I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my wet body. 

I took up a deodorant stick and rubbed it under my arms before taking out my curling iron and plugging it in. I didn't know if Brandon liked my hair curled but I had seen him staring at my hair on Sunday. 

I headed back to my room and put on my clothing. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled in approval. It was a black dress that hugged me perfectly showing off each and every one of my curves, it had a small hole on each side showing off my shoulder and wasn't super short which made me comfortable. The black dress had stopped right before me and right after my butt which was a pretty acceptable size if I do say so myself. 

I quickly checked the time on my phone, before putting on my Spotify playlist and walking back to the bathroom to get started on my hair. I curled it to perfection before looking into the mirror so much that I had gotten bored of my look. Instead I french braided to big braids that when past my shoulder blades. I stretched them out to make them look much bigger and smiled at my look. 

I put on a tiny bit of makeup, just some concealer to hide my dark circles. I didn't really have much discoloration or acne on my face to really cover up. I put on some pink colored lipgloss before admiring myself in the mirror. 

It was already 8:00 and I picked up my phone and headed downstairs putting on the shoes I had chosen earlier. They were just some simple black and white high-topped converse. I pulled out my phone to see a text from Syd, 

Syd:
Be there in 5, be ready! 

Blake:
Hurry up.

I put my phone in my shoes before my mind crossed over to this party. I don't know what I had expected to come of this party. I mostly just wanted to see Brand-

Hayden. 

That's all, I wanted him to compliment me on my efforts and I would happily take a dance even though I would probably be too awkward to dance with him. Unless I was drunk. 

I didn't really want to be drunk at this party, I wanted to remember everything that happened, but I knew if I didn't get drunk I would end up staying in a corner not wanting or caring to talk or interact in any way with someone. 

I sigh annoyingly at my traits before hearing a honk outside my door. I took the honk as Sydney and walked out of my house locking the door and placing a key underneath the plant pot for my dad to come inside later on. 

I had already texted my dad about the party and he didn't refuse to let me go. My dad knew that I would have had nothing better to do, so he didn't not let me go out with friends. In his mind, it was his way of apologizing for not being around so much when really if he wanted to apologize for it, he could just be there.

But I knew that wasn't possible for him so I let him think that this was good enough and used it to my advantage. 

I walked down the steps and into Sydney's car. Her jaw dropped as I entered the shotgun seat, as Alissa still wasn't in the car yet. 

"Is that my best friend?" she praised, and I snickered at her comment. She took her phone out and recorded me repeatedly saying, 'Slay' or some other comment that made me cringe and blush at the same time. 

She then drove off and picked up Alissa. She had the same reaction as did I. 

Before drove off and we headed to a party, that I was very proud of heading to.

***

Are yall excited? ??