fifteen

It was 5 hours later, and Phil was going to be out of surgery in about 15 minutes, according to the doctors. It was currently 19:00. I️ wanted to sleep, but it was only a few minutes until I️ would get to see Phil. I️ also learned that the Lester's were homophobic, which came as a big shock to me. They seemed like such nice people, but some people just hide their true selves within the shell they call their body. They were still sat in the waiting room, and I️ could just feel their awful aura emitting towards me. I️ was sat outside Phil's hospital door, and I️ had been for 5 hours. I️ fell asleep for about a half hour, but that was all the sleep I️ had. I️ was pulling through for Phil.

I️ had a lot going through my mind; my dad, the Lester parents, my mum, and Phil the most. He was the task at hand, per say. I️ was worried about if he would make it, so that's why I'm sitting outside of the door. I️ want to hear if they call time of death. It made me feel like I️ had a black hole inside my chest.

I️ could hear the shuffling of feet, clanking of metal, and the doctor calling out demands. I️ just needed it all to end as soon as possible. Phil just needed to come out of this alive, for me. I️ needed to expose his parents to him. Phil of all people deserves to know the truth.

"Good work, guys. Philip Micheal Lester's rib bones have been reset, his arm was set and casted, and his leg was set back and casted too. I'm thinking a wheel chair, but he's going to have to be here for at least two weeks, because his rib bones need time to rest before he is up and out of here." The doctor cheered. Yes! Phil was alive! That was a lot he had to go through then. Ribs cage bones? That's crazy. Guess no tight hugs for a bit.

"That works. I'll go get it." A woman doctor chimed in. I️ heard the door creak open, and the woman exited. She shot me a confused look, and then kept on walking. I️ stood up, stretching my back and arms out, then returned to normal posture. I️ wanted to barge in the door, but I️ had a feeling that Phil might not be awake yet. Also, the doctor would probably be very angry with me.

"His anesthesia is going to wear off very soon, so we can get those crazy visitors in here." The doctor remarked. I️ wanted to scoff in his face. I'm not crazy, I️'m concerned. The woman doctor walked past me again, shooting the same look with her face all contorted, then went into the room with the wheelchair.

"Here's the wheelchair, doc." The familiar woman voice said.

"Thanks-oh look, he's waking up." The doctor's voice bellowed through the door and rang in my ears. Phil! I️ heard footsteps coming my way, so I️ jerked around, and saw the Lester's. Damn.

"We get to see him first, little bitch." Mr. Lester scowled. I️ sighed, rolling my eyes at him.

"I️ get to see him first. So, back off." I️ taunted. My face was beginning to go bright red.

"We are his parents."

"I️ am his roommate. I️ see him every day of every week. We spend all of our time together, laughing and having fun. So, let me see Phil first, and you will never have to see me again." I️ proposed.

"I️ gave birth to him." Ms. Lester commented.

"That's all you have? Pfft. I'm seeing him first." I️ scoffed. The doctor came out of the door, and his eyes widened when he saw the the three of us bickering.

"Phil is awake, if you want to see him." The doctor pointed into the room, and I️ instantly made my way into the room, and I️ could feel the Lester's behind me.

"PHIL!" I️ exclaimed, running up to him, and I️ almost collapsed onto him, but stopped myself.

"Dan, just the face I️ want to see right now." Phil said, grinning as much as he could.

"Phil, I️ have so much to tell you. I️ talked to my dad about the kiss. He totally approved! He was all in favor of us being together, and I️ just wanted to explode. My mom, not so much. But who cares what she thinks! She's rubbish. But sadly, my dad died from his cancer. Right in front of me, and it made me wish I️ came sooner. But thats okay. You are still here! I️ told you that you wouldn't die!" I️ spilled out, and Phil's smile grew bigger.

"I'm happy we have you dad's stamp of approval, even though he's an angel now." Phil said, passion in his voice.

"Phil, why he is in hell for what he believed." Mr. Lester said, eyebrows furrowing.

"Excuse, excuse me?" Phil questioned, trying to sit up.

"Hey, hey, lay down." I️ stopped him with a gentle touch.

"You heard me right, son. Being gay is a sin and I️ won't allow you to be with Daniel." Mr. Lester pointed at me vigorously, and I️ flinched.

"Dad, mum? Where did this come from?" Phil inquired, his voice quiet and pure.

"It's always been true, Phil." Ms. Lester addressed. I️ could see Phil's eyes were filling with tears.

"Excuse me, although I️ have tried to explain this to you many times, why is it wrong to like the same sex as you? I️ don't get it." I️ said, fury behind my eyes. I️ reached my hand out, looking Phil in his deep blue eyes. He grabbed my hand, weakly. But it was enough for me.

"Stop that." Mr. Lester demanded. I️ squeezed Phil's hand harder, and he tried his best to squeeze mine back.

"Why, dad?" Phil asked. The Lester parents rolled their eyes in an odd unison, and it scared me.

"You all are fags. I'm out." Mr. Lester sighed, and he walked right out the door.

"I️ believed in you, Phil. But I️ would rather you dead than gay." Ms. Lester followed Mr. Lester out the door. I️ looked at them in shock for a moment, and then looked at Phil. His eyes were at the breaking point, and a tear drop rolled down his cheek.

"Philip Micheal Lester, don't listen to them. If she wants you dead, thats wrong of her. She's your mum an she should support you." I️ started, but instead of finishing, I️ bent down to Phil's level, and placed a soft kiss on his lips. I️ gently placed my hands on the side of his face, which was burning hot. Our lips parted slowly, like we didn't want to leave each other's lips.

"Phil, your very hot. Are you running a fever?" I️ asked quietly, still only an inch away from his pale face.

"No, silly. I'm just really happy. Nervous too, I️ guess." His cheeks went red when he spoke.

"Don't be nervous. I️ love you, Phil." I️ blurted.

"I️ love you too, Daniel James Howell."