12. Memories

Open Waters

Chapter Twelve

Memories

Well, it felt like forever, well, but the weather's finally warming up. And the boys haven't hesitated to organise training.

Hana stood beside Gou, smiling at the boys as launched into her mini-speech. "Okay! We officially have four members now, and it's warming up outside, so we will finally begin training in the look today..."

Gou didn't even get to to finish her sentence before Haru ran forward. He moved so fast, it was almost a blur, taking the least amount of time possible to get into the water. Hana laughed as she felt drops of water sorry on her back, managing to find her neck, the only part of her back that wasn't covered by her jacket and trousers.

Gou, however, wasn't amused. "Hold on!" she yelled, turning around to see Haru swim away, "Can't you listen to what I have to say first, Haruka-senpai? Haruka-senpai!" She groaned, shoulders slumping forward. "Come on..."

Hana placed a hand on her friend's shoulder, holding back chokes of laughter. "Ah, I'm sorry to say this, but with water nearby... you don't stand a chance of getting Haru's attention."

Gou sighed. "But he won't be able to train properly if he all he does is jump into the pool without second thought!"

"Ah, I'm sure he'll come around," Hana tried. "He just hasn't been in the water for a while so..." She trailed off, only chuckling as she looked at her friend. Obviously, Gou wasn't convinced by her answer. Then again, she didn't know Haru as much as Hana did.

"Just, let him be for a while," Hana said, amused. "I promise you, you won't get anywhere if you try and pull him out of the water. Do you remember what happened on the day the swim club officially opened?"

Gou chuckled lightly, remembering. "I didn't get that net, after all."

"After Makoto and I convinced you not to."

"Hey! It seemed like the best idea at the time."

Hana snorted. "Yeah, well, Haru wouldn't have been impressed, let me tell you."

Gou allowed herself to laugh as well. "I guess not," she mused, and Hana joined in on her friend's laughter.

"Yep. Anyway, this is a solid training regimen. Did you come up with this yourself, Gou-chan?" Nagisa's loud voice caused Hana and Gou to turn around, where they found Nagisa inspecting the regimen Gou had found the other night.

"Can you stop calling me Gou?" Gou exclaimed. After staring at Nagisa for a moment she sighed, deflating. "Forget it," she mumbled tiredly. Hana smiled to herself, knowing that Gou realised she had been fighting a losing battle with Nagisa. "I found that when I was cleaning the house. It was my brother's old regimen."

Makoto and Nagisa froze, and glanced back down at the sheet. "I see," Makoto said quietly.

Seeing how distracted they were becoming, and how Rei just looked a little left out and confused, Hana grinned and stepped forward. "Well, I guess now it's time to start training," she said brightly.

"I suppose so," Makoto murmured. He and Nagisa walked on over to the edge of the pool ready to dive in, while Rei stayed on land. Hana was about to ask why, but then shut her mouth as she realised: Rei was stretching.

Instead of asking Rei, Hana turned to the pool and saw Makoto and Nagisa jump in. As they did so, Haru left the water, walking over to the regimen Nagisa had left on the floor. Hana frowned thoughtfully. Is he looking at that because he wants to follow the regimen, or because it's something of Rin's?