Author's Note and Sequel Information

So, that's the official conclusion of Open Waters!

I just want to take a moment to thank you all for your continued support throughout this story. I have absolutely loved writing Haru and Hana, and your support has just meant the world to me. Every time you guys left votes and comments about how you liked the story inspired me to keep writing. You are all so wonderful, and I just want to thank you so much.

As a small thank-you, i think I'll give you a little insight as to what was going through my head as I was planning this.

When I was planning, first thing I knew was that I wanted this to be a Haruka Nanase romance, and then I thought, okay, I want a legitimate reason for Haru and my OC (Hana) to bond, and I also want a reason for her to be accepted into the group.

Of course, the obvious thing that came to mind for binding with Haru was swimming. She could either be a good swimmer and be a little competitive, or not know how to swim and he could help her swim.

And then it occurred to me: if she too was at the docks and therefore was afraid of water, it gave her a reason to be quickly accepted into the group (she'd already know Makoto and Haru), and it would give her and Haru time to bond as the swim club slowly helped her get over her fear and she wanted to swim.

So, those were the thoughts that drove Open Waters! I though you might have been interested to hear that! c:

Now, about a sequel...

Yes, there most definitely will be a sequel.

Because it'll be set during Eternal Summer, I'll be waiting for Eternal Summer to finish to I'm prepared for any twists and turns in the story and am able to fit Hana in accordingly. But as soon as that final episode is out, even though it'll be midnight when it finishes airing where I am, I'll be drafting out where I want the story to go, because this story has been my favourite to write so far.

So, stay tuned for the sequel! I don't have a definite title, but with the way things are going, it looks like it'll be called Clouded Distance. That title is subject to change though!

Keep an eye out for the sequel shortly after Eternal Summer has finished! [Eternal Summer? Pfft, more like Eternal Tears/Feels/Pain (I don't want Rin, Makoto and Haru to graduate, aaah)]

See you again soon, you wonderful people! Thank you again for your lovely support!!

Lauren