Exam Fever

Arnav Singh Raizada walked into his room sharp at 7 like every other day. When he didn't find his dear wife in the living room or kitchen, he naturally assumed her to be at their bedroom. And, yes, he was right. He spotted his wife in the poolside talking over phone. Arnav hugged his wife from behind and pinched her waist playfully.

"Ow She winced and turned around to glare at him. Laad Governor' she muttered and walked to the other side ignoring him completely. Arnav was about to follow her with full intention to trouble her more and that is when a small chubby hand held his pants to try and stand up. Arnav bent down and immediately scooped his two year old daughter, Nishitha, in his arms.

"Doll Arnav exclaimed kissing her chubby cheeks.

"Pa, look she said pointing at the notepad she held in her hand and proudly flaunted him how beautifully she had drawn, technically scribbled, whatever she had imagined.

"That is wonderful Arnav said taking the notepad from her hand. " My doll is very talented. Nishitha smiled at the appreciation and kissed her father's cheeks gratefully.

"Thank god you are back, Arnav commented Khushi who had ended her call.

"Of course, I am back. I don't go anywhere after office hours, do I?

Khushi rolled her eyes and took their daughter from him. "Go! Freshen up and then you can play with your daughter

"But, I want to play now he said trying to get back Nishitha

"Arnav once you are refreshed you can have your daughter for yourself the rest of the night

Arnav narrowed his eyes at his wife's tone while saying that. What did he miss? That is when his eyes fell on the mess that was his bed. God he should have guessed. There were many clues. His ever energetic six year old son, Nishant, didn't come running to him yet, his always tidy bed was filled with second grade books, his beautiful wife had a pen stuck on her hair holding a bun together and she was talking on the phone at the time of his arrival knowing well that he likes to spend time with her after he returns from office. All of this screamed only one thing.

"Exams??? asked Arnav with a very unsettling feeling

"Yeah Khushi replied nonchalantly walking inside their room

"He had exams week before last

"That was just model exam

"And this?

"Half Yearly

"God Khushi he is just in second grade. I don't think I have written as many exams as my six year old son has already written. That is saying something considering I have two Masters

"Arnav that is decades ago. Everything has changed now. Can you believe he has five whole chapters to complete? That is very difficult she said making round eyes " That is what I was discussing with the girls

"Girls!! Arnav scoffed as he grabbed his towel and went to the washroom

Of Course there were girls. The year Nishant was born was one of the best years for whole of the Raizada clan. Not just Nishant but Anjali and Shyam's second daughter Maanya and Akash and Payal's son Vikrant were born on the same year with just months apart. Naani was so happy and she said it was a sign that Raizada House is triple blessed. It was very natural to join them in the same school. Arnav thought it was very practical decision. If all kids go to the same school, then they will bond well and help each other. However, more than the kids the moms bonded well, if they weren't already close enough. The kids' school, teachers, friends, their parents everything became part of their daily discussion. It was as if they were watching a very personalized TV show and couldn't stop talking about it all the time.