Sunday

Arnav Singh Raizada twisted in his sleep. He knew it was way past his usual wake up time but he was also aware that it was Sunday. Back in the past when he was a bachelor, he used to work even on Sundays. But everything changed now. Now he is a married man and needs to spend time with his family like any man who loves his family would do. Arnav stretched his hand to feel his wife's body to pull her towards him, but he found the bed empty. He sighed as he missed his wife.

It seemed like only early morning so he can easily sleep one more hour. Arnav was about to slip into deep sleep when two chubby hands began to caress his cheeks. "Umm Arnav chided pushing the hands away. Those chubby hands now began to hold his nose in them and pulled. When Arnav tried to pry away the hands again, he felt a small body with delicate features, a body he was recently getting used to. Nevertheless, he pulled the person into hug, crushing the person under his arms. When futile attempts were made to be released from Arnav's hands he only placed soft pecks on the person's forehead to hush the protests. "Sleep he mumbled.

Arnav was about to fall in another round of sleep when he was woken up pitilessly by two hands pulling his smooth hair. "Ahh he winced. The pain eluded the sleep and he pulled the person reason for it on top of him. Once the person was comfortably settled on his stomach, he used his best angry glare. But the giggle of the other person only made Arnav break into a chuckle.

"Why are you up early shaithan? he asked ruffling bouncy black hair.

"Maa... ooja " Answered his one and a half years old son Ayaan.

"Oh Mom woke you up early to attend pooja? asked Arnav smiling at his cute son

"Your mom is turning you into her mini version. Look at what you are wearing. Arnav said pointing at Ayaan's pyjamas "Boys don't wear pyjamas with flowers Arnav nodded his head disappointedly.

Ayaan lifted his leg holding the sides of his pyjamas in a fist as if to check what is wrong with it. That action only made him hit his head with his own leg and fall back. Arnav's two strong hands held his son by waist and adjusted him to sit on his stomach properly.

"'Yaan ike flowes Ayaan pointed out to his father. (Ayaan likes flowers)

"Of course Ayaan likes everything his mom gives Arnav said shaking his head.

"What is wrong with his mom's liking? Arnav turned to the direction of the voice only to find his beautiful wife, in gorgeous orange sari, leaning on the door with her one hand holding his coffee while other placed on her hip.

"Good morning sweet heart Arnav wished stretching his hand as if asking his wife to come to him.

"Next time you comment about my choice don't forget that you are also my choice. " Khushi said as she walked towards the bed and placed the cup on the side table.

"Of course you have amazing taste sweetheart. It's just that flowery pyjamas are very girly for my macho man said Arnav pulling Ayaan's hand to poke at his barely there biceps. Ayaan only giggled thinking Arnav was trying to tickle him.

"My superstar looks best in everything "Khushi said as she extended her hands towards Ayaan and he happily jumped to his mom's arms. "And I am teaching my son good habits. Look at him he is already up and ready on a Sunday morning unlike some lazy bum Khushi said kissing Ayaan's nose.

"Khushi your son is not running a fashion house; he can hardly say numbers from one to ten. He knows no difference between weekday and weekend Arnav said lifting himself off and leaning on the bed post before taking the cup of coffee from the table.