Dear Me... With Love, You

Dear me,

Before anything, I am going to break the biggest myth to you today. Alzebra isn't used in real life. Now, I have said it to you. No matter what Ms.Anisha tells, don't believe that you are dumb because you are not able to find X.

It is also absolutely okay to not make round rotis contrary to what mom thinks. Gosh! Mom makes one feel like it is blasphemy to not know the art of making perfect rotis. Don't worry, in future, there is going to be someone who is going to like the rotis for their disoriented shape and going to be very creative and form comic stories with each formless rotis you make. Well, that is story for later. We are not in the phase of the story yet.

Moving on. Career is important, but what is more important is choosing a career you like. So, don't let mom or dad bully you into becoming an engineer or a doctor. Singing is perfectly respectable career. Becoming a Youtube star is going to be a thing in future and singing will have bigger scope than expected. Just remember not to trust everyone who talks sweet. Don't follow your heart into a pit. Trust yourself and your talent than anybody else. I know moving into different city will be scary. But, take the leap. It is okay to be hurt or betrayed, but that doesn't mean that you give up. Going back home after unsuccessful first three months was okay, but don't take too much time in returning back to Mumbai to pursue career. Everything will be fine.

What I am going to tell you next is going to be surprising. It is about him. Yes, the boon and bane of our existence from the day he sets eyes on poor us on the music competition.

Remember the novel about a rake who is ruthless enough to send the heroine out in rain for a silly reason and later regrets it and goes back to bring her home. He doesn't even apologize to her but they experience a soul shattering kiss. Oh! Yes the same mills and boon book that Rita mam caught us reading in Hindi class. At that time, I remember how marvellously romantic the hero is. Well, I have got news for you. Rude, arrogant men with ego more than Mt.Everest are sexy and romantic only in books, not in real life.

He is one such man and you have to try harder than you have tried to make our pet parrot Pinku sing Vande Mataram to make yourself like him. Can you imagine how hard it can be?

Everyone who knows him says he is good at heart. Well, it is kind of true. But, don't believe people who say that his anger spurns the words but he doesn't take things to heart for the devil doesn't forget anything. Come on, me calling him 'Arrogant As$ho!e' in his office in front of his staff when I was there to sign a contract as one of the six young singers to feature in an album about small town dreams cannot be grave enough for him to hold vengeance right? Well, in my defence, he called my voice 'squeaky'. Aren't we even? Anyways, I thought he had already walked out of his cabin when I said that. Who would have thought he would come back to take his wallet from the draw?

I know what you are thinking. When did 'we' become rude enough to comment about someone behind their back? Yaar, he just brings the worst side of us, you know. Can't help it.

Can't bitch about him more. After all the album with his company became huge success and such a career boost. I was signed for three exclusive songs, one including a song in a movie. How great is that!!! Everyone around me was happy because I was the only one to get three song deal. The other five also became famous, but not like me or my song 'Jee ke deko ek baar.' He signed me. He signed my 'squeaky' voice. So who is the winner now, huh!

Okay, fine. I will be grateful. He made our career and all. However, that doesn't give him any rights to shout at me for having a meeting with Nikeetan Bajaj from Bajaj Recordings. I am an independent artist, right? Well, Nikeetan Bajaj couldn't have had any sexual intention with me whatsoever. Damn! At that time that man was fifty and I was mere twenty three. He was definitely over reacting. He went ahead and offered me a three year exclusive deal with the company. I didn't want to sign it, but you know how dad always wanted to buy a house in the Patel Garden's? So, I signed the deal. Also, dad thinks he will be my guardian in this big bad music world. "Genuine guy, beta. Do whatever he says." I can't believe dad liked him from the start. He hated all of our friends, right, especially boys. Dad totally lost his cool when Armaan came home. Of course, Armaan and he are different. Armaan was potential boyfriend, but he couldn't come close to becoming my boyfriend, at least that is what I thought then. *puppy face*