Junior Harvard Raizada

Khushi bit her lips working her brain faster than she has ever used. One, she has to come up with an excuse. Two, she has to come up with a new excuse, something she has not used before. Two mesmerizing eyes, which resembled her husband's, stared at her. His fingers were playing with the ball point pen impatiently, just like father he had zero patience to wait.

"Mumma..." he called. Frown began to form on his little forehead.

Khushi looked at him and masked her uncertainty with a smile. "This is very simple, Dhruv." She said.

Pushing the notebook towards him, Khushi pointed at the word problem written in handwriting too perfect for an eleven year old. She sighed thinking why couldn't have her son been more bindaas like her and less like her tyrant husband.

"Bacha, it is already 6, why don't you go and play. We can study later." She tried her luck

"Mumma, I don't want to play. I want to complete my math homework. Come on, teach me how to do this sum."

If only Khushi had paid more attention to Mrs.Pandey when she was in school....

"Dhruv, it is very easy." Khushi said. Numbers playing around her like it played around Ishan in Taare Zameen par.

Her junior Havard Raizada had to be intelligent beyond his age and enrol himself for advanced mathematics. How is Khushi supposed to know word problems in trigonometry?

Khushi was in the verge of confessing that it was beyond her capability to explain the question, when she saw her brother in law pass by the room.

"NK..." she called with urgency making NK cut his call abruptly.

"What is it, bhabhi?" asked NK

"Why don't you teach Dhruv these problems? I have work in the kitchen." She didn't let NK speak before she dashed out of the room.

An hour later, when everyone began to settle down for dinner, Khushi noticed NK and Dhruv were into serious discussion.

"So, both of you completed those problems?" asked Khushi

"No, mumma..." said Dhruv looking at her. "Chachu doesn't even know basic trigonometry. I was teaching him that."

Khushi looked at her brother in law disapprovingly.

"Bhabhi, I swear these things weren't there in my syllabus when I was in school." NK said with an amused look

"Chachu, when you are free we will go through chapter two." Dhruv said in a serious tone.

"Sure sure..." nodded NK. "I am really excited to learn trigonometry."

Then turning to Khushi Dhruv said what she didn't want to hear. "Mumma, after dinner we will continue doing those sums."

As soon as Dhruv entered the room, Khushi lifted him and made him change into his night suit. When he insisted on studying, Khushi encouraged him to watch an animation movie with her.

"But, mumma, I..."

"Chup, Dhruv, let us relax now. It is Sunday tomorrow. We will study later."

"Mumma, I have swimming practice in the morning and squash practice in the evening. "

"So, we will do in the afternoon."

"Don't you remember my science project is due?"

Khushi glared at her son with the same look she uses to shut up her husband. But, it didn't work on Junior Raizada, who glared at her with same intensity.

"Dhruv, I will not allow to study now. You have to relax." Khushi said

"Which mom says that?" No that is not voice of Dhruv Singh Raizada, but of Arnav Singh Raizada.

Annik and Dhruv turned around to see Arnav leaning on the door looking at mother son duo. Perfect time he has found to return from meeting, Khushi mumbled to herself.

"Dad." Dhruv nodded looking at his father

"Hey, papa bulao." Khushi warned.

"Papaji..." Dhruv mocked making Khushi stick out her tongue at him.

Arnav, who by now reached to stand beside Dhruv, looked at Dhruv questioningly.

"Math problems, dad."

Arnav turned towards Khushi with a mocking glance. "Maths!!!" he smiled. "I would love to see you teach him maths."

How can Arnav let go of an opportunity to belittle his wife's maths skills?

"Khushi, why are you not teaching our son mathematics?" he asked

Khushi glared at him. But, ever since Arnav found a support for himself in the form of Dhruv, he stopped being afraid of her glares.

"Arnav, stop spoiling my son and making him a junior version of you." She warned

"Why, what is wrong with being like me? According to Times magazine, I am 'most noteworthy person contributing to Indian economy.' "

"And you are 'most boring and annoying person'"

"Excuse me!" he asked offended. "Then why did you marry this most boring and annoying person?"

"Because I am stupid." She said irritated

"I know, thanks for accepting it now.'" Then turning to Dhruv Arnav said, "It is time for you to have tuition teacher."

"Arnav, he is a kid. You can't impose on him things beyond his age." Khushi said genuinely worried.

"What are you talking about? Don't you realize our son is child prodigy? He is meant for greater heights." Arnav said

"He is not any pedigree, okay? He is my only dear son."

"Its prodigy, okay? P-R-O.."

"Don't teach me spelling. I am putting my foot down. I will not let Dhruv lose his childhood. From tomorrow I will decide his schedule."

"But..."

And then started the infamous argument of Arnav Singh Raizada and his best half.

"Sileennceee." Dhruv shouted making his parents look at him. "Mumma, Dad, I am a big boy now and I can decide my schedule." He said with determination. "Now, I am going to sleep. Tomorrow morning I will wake up early and dad I want you to teach me trigonometry. Then inform driver that I will go for swimming class, okay? Now, good night."

Arnav and Khushi looked at the retreating figure of their son with mix of pride and surprise.

"How can he talk to us like that?" asked Khushi frowning

"Khushi, he knows what he is doing. Don't worry." Arnav assured

Later that night when Mr and Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada were in bed, Khushi announced, "Bas, bahut hogaya. Arnav, I want another baby. I don't know how much hard work you have to do, but by end of ten months I want a baby just like me. I am tired of you and your son."

It is needless to say that Arnav Singh Raizada didn't need more persuasion.