Forced Marriage

Khushi always found Shantivan intimidating and the vast size was not the only reason for it. The people were intimidating. The family had their share of mystery that comes with money and the house perfectly reflected the eccentricity of its occupants. If only a psychiatrist writes his thesis on the weirdness of Raizadas. Khushi wanted to chuckle at her mental joke about how she compared Raizadas with the Cullen family, always in a monologue with themselves. However, she can't chuckle, not even snicker, anything more than a whimper in her situation will make her look crazy. After all, she is the bride of, read as forced bride of, Arnav Singh Raizada.

Khushi looked at her husband of few hours as they both stood in front of the Raizada mansion. His face was expressionless as always and Khushi had to depend on her creative mind to fill up what he must be thinking.

What does a heartless monster who marries a girl by blackmailing her thinks? Wondered Khushi.

It was Naani who walked towards them first with a servant tailing behind her with arthi. Khushi looked wide eyed at the old woman who didn't once flinch while smiling at her and welcoming inside the house. Doesn't she have anything to tell to the grandson who kidnapped and married a young girl who was still in college?

"I know whatever happened didn't happen the right way, but trust my Chote. He would have had his reasons." she told Khushi.

All through the conversation in the house, where every member were more or less convincing Khushi to trust Arnav's instincts and believe him to do the right thing for everyone he loved, Khushi looked at her husband who maintained a straight face without a tint of guilt. What was he made of?

Khushi sat in the common balcony overlooking the garden the night of her wedding, her supposed to be wedding night. She didn't know if she should be thankful to her husband for leaving to business meeting the very same day of their wedding or angry. Well, considering the circumstance of their wedding she should swoon at his feet with gratefulness for leaving her alone, however after what he did to her never in her life Khushi can't be grateful to the man who ruined her life. There can be nothing that he can do to make her forgive him.

"Khushi..." the silence was disturbed by a familiar voice

Khushi looked over her shoulder to find NK standing there with an apologetic look that he has been carrying ever since he heard the news of his brother marrying her. Khushi didn't know if he was apologetic about his brother's behaviour or her plight.

"Are you okay?'" he asked, but he didn't expect her to answer as he crossed the distance between them and sat on the other edge of the sofa where she was sitting.

"Arnav shouldn't have done this." he said

Of course, Khushi thought and she wanted to roll her eyes. That is what everyone said. Arnav shouldn't have done this but now that he has done it there must be a reason for it. Khushi zoned out for another couple of minutes where NK was trying his best to justify his brother without sounding like a jerk.

Khushi's thoughts went back to that day's morning. It started as usual day with her taking the regular 8 O' clock bus to college, but she didn't get down in her college bus stop, but ended up in a luxury car in half sedated state.

"You will marry me."

A command, something Khushi was never good at handling while at the other receiving end. She was all ready to jump into her rowdy avtar until Arnav laid down his terms.

"If you want your sister to be happy, settled with her Akash without any problem, you have to marry me."

Khushi didn't know what Arnav's problem. He blabbered absolute non sense about Anjali, his siter's, well being and what not, but Khushi's mind stooped at 'your sister's happiness'. Yes, she wanted nothing more than her sister's happiness even if it meant sacrificing her life.