How Vunde-Ful

The ride up to the high school Sunday afternoon was quiet for the most part. You offered to drive the three of you in your car, so Sans and Grillby could meet the one and only: Vunde, your best friend in the whole expanse of the known and unknown universe. You had explained that she had a color guard practice to overlook at a high school a little ways out of town, and that it might take a bit to get up there, depending on traffic. You didn't think it would take nearly an hour to get there when usually it only took you 20 to 30 minutes, but, as fate would have it, the long procession of cars coming from Sunday services from the multiple churches would see that it would take twice as long.

About 15 minutes into the car ride, Sans claimed to be bored, so you had suggested to play a game you and Vunde liked playing with your other friends.

"Okay," you began, "The game is, Don't Even Get Me Started , and it is actually quite easy. Basically, someone gives another person a topic, and then they have to go on an angry rant about that topic." You remembered a particular rant Vunde had once given on pineapples. You chuckled at the memory. "Who wants to go first?" Sans said he wanted to try it, and then asked Grillby for a topic.

Grillby was silent for a moment, a contemplative look on his face, then he said just one word.

"Mettaton," was all he uttered.

You swore you heard Sans gasp, and upon looking back, you saw that he had one glowing blue eye socket, his other dark and hollow.

"grillbz," Sans began, voice husky and intimidating, "d o y o u w a n t t o h a v e a b a d t i m e ?" You felt chills run up and down your spine, making you shiver, despite the warmth your jacket provided. Grillby just chuckled his crackling laugh at the threat.

"Maybe we should play that another time..." You said, turning on your car's stereo and hooking up your phone to play music.

The rest of the 40 minute car ride was silent aside from your music and the hum of your vehicle's engine.

*Time skip*

When you had finally arrived at the high school, it was a bit later in the afternoon. You sent a quick text to Vunde, and she replied, saying the back gym door was unlocked, and that you could enter through there. You hadn't told her you were bringing anyone with you.

You led the two men to the back of the gymnasium, the same route you had taken countless times, and opened the door. You were going to hold it open for both of them, but Grillby beat you to it.

"Ladies first," He said when you tried to argue, urging you ahead of him and Sans.

You uttered a quick thank you, and then stepped inside the gym. You saw that the students were in the middle of a set. You decided to stick to the far wall, not wanting to get hit with a wayward pole. Sans, however, did not notice the many flagpoles slicing through the air, and nearly got hit with one as he just continued to stroll into the gym, not seeing where you had gone.

"hey!" he began, but the student quickly apologized. You pulled him and Grillby to the side, instructing them that it might be best for them to wait there while you got over to Vunde on the other side. Both men nodded, and you walked around the perimeter of the gym.

"Yo, Vunde!" you called to your friend when you finally saw her, clapping in time with the movements of the students. She paused when she saw you, and clapped a couple times to get the attention of the students, telling them they could take a break.

"Yo, bitch!" Vunde called back so lovingly. 'Ah, my best friend, so kind,' you thought.

When the two of you were close enough to hug, Vunde casually clung to your form like a maiden in distress, swinging her leg up onto your hip dramatically.