Chapter Two

Disclaimer - All recognisable characters belong to their original owners. I do not make a profit from writing this; I simply do it for my own amusement. No copyright infringement intended.

Chapter Two

Bella

It was the sun coming through the curtains that woke me up. It was rare we had a sunny day in Forks, and I knew as well as anyone else that when the sun shines, you take advantage of it. I stretched and climbed out of bed and into the shower.

After getting ready for the day I went downstairs to find a note left on the side. It was from Grandpa to tell Rosalie and I that he had gone out fishing with a few of his friends. We both liked to see him get out of the house – when we were younger he dedicated so much of his time to us; we were pleased that now he finally seemed to be having fun.

I grabbed a glass of iced tea from the fridge and went outside to sit on the steps of the porch. Rosalie's truck had gone so I assumed she had gone to run some errands. I took in the heat of the sun and the sound of the birds. The atmosphere felt so peaceful and I basked in it.

The peace was disturbed when Rosalie's truck came tearing into the drive, dust billowing up behind her from the ground. She got out with a bewildered look on her face.

I stood up and began to walk down the steps to see what had happened.

"You're never going to believe what's going on," she began, her eyes looking worried.

***

A few minutes later we were both sat at the dining room table.

"A tornado?" I questioned, doubt creeping into my mind.

"That's what the police are saying," Rosalie said as she looked over at me from her drink of lemonade.

"But you don't believe them."

"Of course not! Did you hear a tornado? Did you hear anything about a warning being issued?"

"No... but what do you think happened then?" I questioned her.

"I think Edward happened," she said and I looked at her.

"He wouldn't kill them – he sent them away." We were discussing the Rattans. Apparently, a tornado had ripped through the area where they lived and destroyed their trailer, killing them in the process.

"Then why were their bodies found there then?"

"Are you sure it was their bodies?" I desperately didn't want Edward to be the cause of this.

"Yeah, they were identified by family members," Rose said solemnly.

"How bad is the trailer?" I asked.

"Looks like a tornado ripped through there, but the trailer is the only thing out of place. The trees surrounding the place are perfectly fine," Rose looked at me as her thoughts flooded my mind.

Bella, if it was Edward he is dangerous! He killed two people!

I'm sure he didn't, I defended him as worry started to sink in.

My mind was then assaulted with images of the scene, the destroyed trailer, fragments of it lying around and police cars with their lights flashing outside where the trailer used to be.

"You went there?" I asked her. "Why? Doesn't that look suspicious?"

"I don't care if it does! Two people were murdered by someone who rescued us and then asked you out on a date... I needed to know what was going on!"