Chapter Eight

Disclaimer - All recognisable characters belong to their original owners. I do not make a profit from writing this; I simply do it for my own amusement. No copyright infringement intended.

Chapter Eight

Bella

"Well, I think I've had enough excitement for this evening kids, I'm off to bed," Rose said as we walked through the front door. Seeing a vampire get staked really does take its emotional toll on you.

"Night," Edward and I both called as we watched her go into her bedroom and shut the door. I turned to Edward and gave him a smile.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," Edward began. "When he came charging at you... I was willing to do anything to protect you."

I walked forward until I was only a few steps away from Edward, my hands reaching out to find his as his green eyes lifted from the floor at our contact and looked into mine. "It doesn't bother me," I whispered to him, my lips softly pressing against his as we kissed sweetly in the kitchen.

I felt the heat begin to stir in my belly so I dropped his hands and wrapped my around his neck, going up on my tiptoes so I could kiss him better. Edward's hands wrapped themselves around my back, his fingers caressing my sides as he did so.

I moaned when I felt his tongue trace the outside of my lips and I eagerly opened my mouth, wanting to be consumed by him. When our tongues met, Edward let out a growl and pressed one hand to my lower back, pushing our pelvises together, allowing me to feel his hardness. This caused a new burn in my stomach – one that was faster, hotter and all-consuming than the slow burn I'd felt moments ago.

I pulled my lips away from Edward's to try and talk but he just simply placed his on my jaw and began working his way down to my breast, my nipples already taught and begging for attention from him.

"Edward..." I managed to wantonly moan out as he lips travelled to my collarbone and he began sucking, his fangs dropping as they scraped the skin there, sending a jolt of electricity through me, and causing me to hold onto Edward tighter. "Not... here..." I managed to splutter out, his lips doing a wonderful job of making me forget what the English language was for. "My bedroom..." I muttered as I grasped his head and tugged his lips back up to mine, his breath sweet as it fanned across my face and invaded my senses.

With a quick sweep of his arms, Edward was holding me and sped me up to my room, everywhere passing by in a blur. In a millisecond I was placed at the foot of my bed as Edward began his assault on my lips once more.

I wrapped my arms around his back, feeling the muscles move beneath my fingers as his arms hooked around me and pulled me into his warmth.

I don't know why people thought vampires were cold – Edward always felt warm to me... and he had the ability to make me feel like I was burning from the inside.

Edward's lips made their descent from my mouth and travelled down the column on my neck, his fangs grazing the flesh as his adept fingers began working the buttons of my dress, exposing my chest to his green eyes.

Once he had managed to undo the buttons of my dress up to my waist he gently picked me up bridal style and placed me on the bed, undoing his own shirt and kicking off his shoes.

I reached for him once his trousers came off and Edward eagerly joined me on the bed, one hand supporting himself whilst the other continued to work at the buttons that went to the bottom of my dress.

He let out a frustrated growl when he realised that his method wasn't working. A little giggle escaped my mouth as I sat up and undid the buttons, Edward's hungry eyes on me the whole time. I shrugged the dress off my shoulders and grabbed Edward, pulling him in for a searing kiss as I leant back against the soft material of my bed.