Chapter Twenty-Five

I now have Tumblr! Come over and say hello - the link is on my blog (I am still working out how to use it, so bear with me).

Disclaimer - All recognisable characters belong to their original owners. I do not make a profit from writing this; I simply do it for my own amusement. No copyright infringement intended.

Chapter Twenty Five

Bella

Rose and I didn't get much sleep last night. After Aro had shown us to our room he had pushed Carlisle, Jasper, Emmett and Edward out, declaring that we would need our rest for "what was to happen tomorrow". Promptly after that, the door had been shut and the tell-tale sound of a lock being turned had made Rose and I both groan internally. We were now trapped.

In the morning, a young girl had come for us; she was barely older than sixteen and had kept her eyes downcast the entire time, her whole body rigid with fear. She had given us some fresh clothes to dress in, nothing over the top just a pair of sweatpants and some loose t-shirts before she led us down to a dining room and we were served a large breakfast. Neither Rose nor I ate much, Rose looking for routes of escape whilst trying to work out how to defeat a very old vampire. I was too worried about Edward to be much help. He had hardly looked well the last time I had seen him and I hadn't even gotten the chance to speak properly to him. Before he left me last night, he had given my hand a reassuring squeeze and that was it.

After breakfast, we had been led back upstairs and into a study room where the young girl had told us to "explore" before she left, once again a lock on the door clicking into place. After opening the curtains and realising not only were werewolves patrolling the grounds, but there were also locks on them we realised that it was unlikely we were going to be able to get out as easy as we had hoped.

Around dinnertime, Aro had risen and asked for Rose and I to meet him in the 'drawing room'. Aro had greeted us both before offering us some tea as he sat across from us, legs crossed sipping on some blood in a cup. Sulpicia had come in a short while later, sitting on the arm of Aro's chair and gently stroking his arm through his suit.

There was a knock at the door and then the young girl from earlier stuck her head round. "I have the other guests for you, sir."

"Excellent!" Aro proclaimed, setting his cup and saucer down on the coffee table in front of him and standing to welcome Edward, Emmett, Jasper and Carlisle into the room. They all entered, looking tired and wary.

"Now we can begin," Aro calmly announced, acting like everything was completely normal. "I can't tell you how I know this, but I do know that you are two very special ladies." As you see in the movies Aro began to slowly walk around the room, hands folded behind his back. "I've heard it from a very reliable source that you two are able to read minds - this in itself is very intriguing, but what makes you even more special is that your blood has something about it. I'm not sure what it is, but it is unlike anything I have ever smelled before." Aro breathed deeply. "It is simply extraordinary. Now because of this, I have come to the conclusion that you are not human - after some extensive research, I have some idea of what you might be. However, this requires further... experimentation." Aro gave us both a creepy smile before he started towards us. Edward moved forward to block him, but Sulpicia sped to his side, held her arm out and tutted, shaking her head as she waggled her finger at him.

"I think we should put my theory to the test," Aro uttered. In a second Aro was in front of us and had gripped Rosalie hard by the wrist. "With a bit of persuasion, we could probably encourage your powers to show themselves," he mused, an evil glint in his eye.