Chapter Eleven

Disclaimer - All recognisable characters belong to their original owners. I do not make a profit from writing this; I simply do it for my own amusement. No copyright infringement intended.

Chapter Eleven

Bella

"I'm-I'm looking for Edward," I stammered out, my eyes widening as I took in the young and beautiful girl before me. I pulled back my shield and tried to push into her mind but I was met with nothing... silence... she was a vampire.

"You must be Bella!" She suddenly said gleefully and launched herself at me, wrapping her arms tightly around me and hugging me close to her. I didn't have time to react so my hands just stayed awkwardly between us. After a few moments, she pulled away and had a large smile on her face.

"Come in!" She told me, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the house. I was startled by how warm her hand felt.

"Edward's not here at the minute. Can I get you something?" She asked, sitting me down on the sofa and walking to the kitchen. Before I could respond she was back with a selection of drinks. "We have ice tea, lemonade and coke."

She sat down on the sofa opposite me with a large smile on her face. "I've been waiting to meet you forever! I couldn't believe it when Edward told me he had a girlfriend!" I was gobsmacked and trying to make sense of what was going on.

"Who are you?" I blurted out, so confused by the whole situation but I also felt... drawn towards the girl sat in front of me.

"Sorry – I'm Nessie." She told me, holding her hand out for me to shake. I just stared at her hand. She dropped it. "You don't know who I am, do you?" I shook my head.

"Nessie I got you some clothes-" Edward said as he walked into the house, his voice carrying. He paused when he saw Nessie and I both staring at each other. "Bella," he said, his voice softening. "I didn't think you'd be coming over tonight."

I felt angry then – I'd let him use me when he clearly had someone else.

"I came to surprise you," I told him, trying to contain my anger. "But I'll leave you alone – you clearly have better things to do" I bit out, emphasising the 'do'. I started to walk past him but he gently touched my arm. I glared at him and he dropped it just as quickly.

Before I could make it all the way out the room 'Nessie' had sped in front of me and was blocking my exit.

"Edward and I aren't together!" She insisted, a worried look on his face. "I'm just his progeny." I whirled around to face Edward.

"You made a vampire!" I screeched – very unladylike but I was angry.

"Bella – can I call you that?" Nessie asked as she stood in front of me. I nodded. "I think there's been a mistake; will you sit down so we can talk?" I looked away and nodded. I hated that she seemed to be so reasonable.

I sat down on the sofa and Edward and Nessie sat across from me. "Can you not say anything until the end?" Edward asked and I nodded.

"Two weeks ago I was forced to make Nessie into a vampire. I owed a favour to an old acquaintance of mine and this was how she wanted me to repay her. I haven't told you because I didn't know how to, but I also didn't know how Nessie would react around you. She's still a newborn and like I've said you smell incredible and I didn't want to risk your life. I also didn't want to tell you because I don't understand why I had to change Nessie – I'm still trying to work that out. This old acquaintance of mine is dangerous and I didn't want you to get involved with that. She crossed a line making me change Nessie."