Chapter Twelve

Disclaimer - All recognisable characters belong to their original owners. I do not make a profit from writing this; I simply do it for my own amusement. No copyright infringement intended.

Chapter Twelve

Bella

I was fuming – this is why I didn't like Emmett. I didn't trust him one bit and clearly had every reason not to.

"You bastard!" I shouted, rushing forward to Rosalie. "Take it back! Get your blood out of her system now!"

Emmett laughed and shook his head. "Some of it will already be in her system." He paused. "You should be grateful – my blood will heal her quickly, without it she might have taken weeks to recover." I glared at him and turned to Edward.

"Is there anything we can do?" Edward shook his head and looked at me sadly. "He's right, his blood will already be in her system."

"You really are a piece of work!" I told Emmett as I gently stroked Rose's arm – I didn't want to touch her back in case it hurt her. "You took advantage of an unconscious woman. You could have done anything to her!"

Emmett's face grew dark. "All I did was feed her my blood – nothing else. I'm not that kind of person. Any woman who's ever been in my bed has begged to be there." I rolled my eyes. "And one day Rosalie will do the same." I scoffed. Rose wasn't that stupid.

"Will she be okay?" I asked after a few moments.

"She'll make a full recovery," Emmett said, his eyes... softening.

Edward looked down at his watch. "We'll need to go to ground soon, the sun's almost risen." Emmett nodded.

"We have a spare coffin in the back – it used to belong to Felix, so it's a bit of a mess; he used to like to feed before he died for the day." His soft smile was replaced by his usual smirk. "I'm afraid I don't have any provisions for sleeping humans," Emmett said, turning to me.

"I'm going to stay here with Rose," I said defiantly; there was no way I'd leave her alone, not after what had just happened.

Emmett just shrugged his shoulders and started to walk towards a door – I'm assuming that's where the vampire sleeping quarters were.

Edward came over to me and placed his hand on my cheek. "Be careful," he whispered before he placed a kiss to my forehead. I smiled and watched him follow Emmett into a back room.

I let out a sigh as I watched Rosalie's chest rise and fall. Would our lives ever go back to normal?

***

"Bella, wake up," a voice said as my arm was shaken. I opened my eyes slowly and blinked at the harsh light. Everything was tilted on its side. I sat up slowly and looked around; I'd fallen asleep on the chair next to where Rose was lying, except she was currently stood up next to me, a smile on her face and a red Fangtasia t-shirt hanging down to her thighs.

"Are you alright?" I worriedly asked her, checking her over with my eyes, looking for any signs of discomfort.

"I'm fine," she told me – and she looked it. She looked really well in fact, not at all like she'd been attacked a few hours ago.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"I'm not sure, but the sun's just going down."

I reached up and pulled her down for a hug, inhaling her familiar smell and suddenly feeling ever so grateful that she was in my life.

"I was so worried," I whispered and she nodded against my shoulder.