Day 5 of 12 Days of Edmas~Parents: Shopping for the Kids

I THREW UP TWICE. I HAVE THE FLU YAYYYY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
help.

Ed's P.O.V.

Once I found out that Y/N beat up a woman at a store, I knew it wasn't a good idea to let her do the shopping alone. Not even just us alone, so I invited our parents to join us in our shopping for our kids. Especially since I know Y/N won't act up in front of her and my parents. So, as we make our way to the mall with our parents bickering in the back seats and Y/N staring straight ahead, there are no words to really describe what is going to happen today.

"You drive like an old lady, pick it up!" Y/N's father says so I drive a little faster. Y/N puts her head in her hand and shakes her head.

"So what are we getting the young ones anyways?" My mother asks.

"We are going to get them toys and clothes and all the fun things." I say to her and my dad scoffs, "When I was little, I didn't get any presents, wanna know why? Because I believe that life is a present."

"Why are we talking philisophical, you guys are like forty-something. You aren't eighty-five." Y/N says and we all chuckle.

"Personally my bones feel eighty-five." Her mother says and cracks her neck.

"Well, since are kids are five, we will be getting them young gifts." I say and Y/N nods with everyone in the back silent.

"You calling me old?!" They chorus. Oh no.

~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~

"So here we are!" I say and roam the parking lot to find a close space just in case our parents don't want to walk far.

"There is too many people, let's go home." My mom says and tightens her seatbelt.

"Well we are already here so." I say and find a good parking close enough to the mall.

"Wouldn't they recognize you, sweetie?" My mom asks, "no they won't mom, trust me."

"Let's go then!" Y/N unbuckles her seatbelt and gets out of the car, as does everyone else.

We all walk towards the entrance and our fathers are already criticizing the teenagers that walk past. (I'm not trying to offend anyone. Just gonna warn you.)

"Why do they do their hair like that?"

"Why do they hold hands when they are like twelve?"

"Watch that boy get her preggers and it's gonna be a whole shabango at their house."

"I bet you twenty dollars that they will break up today."

"Dad!" Y/N says and tells him to stop and he reluctantly does, as does mine.

"Okay, so let's head to the small Target-" "there is a Target!" My mom gasps and starts walking ahead, "let's go to Target!"

"Mom wait!" We all go after her and she is sitting on the bench outside of Target.

"You guys take forever!"

"It wasn't even that far." Y/N mumbles and we all walk in.

"So, as their grandparents, what do you want to get them?"

"Chocolate! And Cookies, clothes, socks!" They start mumbling amognst themselves and ask,

"Can we split up?"

"Only if you stay inside Target." I say.

"Wait are we going to other stores?" Y/N whispers and I shake my head, "if we were to go to other stores we'd never leave, I didn't think it would go down like this."

The fathers went to the right and the mothers went to the left.

"Meet us back here in about forty minutes!" Y/N calls. Hopefully they heard her.

We walk hand in hand looking around and in the aisles, trying to see if something would catch our eye that they would like.

"How about a Harry Styles CD?" Y/N picks it up and shows me.

"No he is shirtless and they are five. Unacceptable." I take it out of her hand and she laughs.

"Then, why not get them the Batman and Superman Pops?"

"According to their list they want candy, chocolate, Shopkins, a pet tiger, and stuffed animals."

"Then we also have our parents gifts so let's get this stuff and we meet them in the front."

"Alright then." I grab her hand again and look for the huge sign that says 'Shopkins' since they are blowing up. Luckily, we find it.

"Holy moly, that's a lot." Y/N says as she looks at the small section containing such expensive things. Boxes with the baskets we're inside and dolls were there too, but the dolls are creepy.

"Let's take this box with all these baskets and four of the food stuff and things." Y/N says and pulls out all of them.

"Can you get a basket, Ed?"

I head over to find the small basket holders and see our mothers looking at a book of shirtless men, something I want to unsee. I quickly grab a basket and shake off what happened and head back to Y/N.

"Here." She throws everything in there and checks it off the list.

"Next, stuffed animals."

"Hey Ed, why don't we get a stuffed tiger for both of them instead of a real one?"

"You made it sound like I was actually going to order a real tiger." She laughs and we both look around to see if the stuffed animals were nearby. Once we hit the aisle, Y/N gasped with excitement and started picking up stuffed small stuffed animals and putting them in the basket. There was probably a total of twenty.

"We are taking all of them."

"But Y/N-"

"No buts, we can split ten-ten for each. They are too cute to leave behind."

"Alright then."

She had the face of 'i-was-gonna-take-them-without-your-approval-anyway.' and she went ahead.

"Here," she gestures to huge bags of candy and chocolate, "now we have their list done." Y/N grabs Hershey's, Twix, Jolly Ranchers, and hell a lot more. Y/N needs more than adult supervision.

"Soo...that means we meet our-" "hey! What is taking you slowpokes so long?" My mom calls and everyone turns to look, making this more embarrassing. We walk with our heads down towards them and see they have baskets of their own.

"Look what we got the little ones!"

Y/N's and my eyes widen at the bucket and a small gasp leaves my mouth.

Oh no.- Imagine#59