Chapter Sixteen

This Fanfiction was written in 2016 before Tom Holland's presence in Marvel and was primarily based on the Amazing Spider-Man Franchise

C H A P T E R | sixteen

I had a hard time falling asleep after that. I wasn't even sure if I actually slept. There was a lot of me going in and out of sleep and I was just glade I didn't have school. The sun had slowly began to rise and only left my room partly lit and still somewhat dark.

I couldn't believe harry escaped. I mean, it wasn't like I expected he to just take it sitting 'it's cool Parker I'm going to just sit in this comfy jail and let you run free, alive and happy,  and I won't even plan revenge for the thing I've allowed myself to believe was so wrong when all you wanted to do was save my life' yeah he's totally going to take this lying down. I knew he would be after me. It wasn't hard to tell. All he wants is his revenge on me. Even though I technically never really wronged him. Yes, I didn't give him my blood, but that's because I didn't know what it'd do to him. So sorry I care about my only friends well being.

This was becoming aggravating and I knew this is why I couldn't sleep. I couldn't get this out of my head. Every time I got close to sleep. Something new like what if this happens? Or maybe he's in this place? Stopping all forms of sleep. Typically I'd tell myself it's a Spider-Man probably and slap a label on it to be thought about the next day. However this a both a Spider-Man and Peter Parker problem all in one. I hated those types of problems.

I decided sleep was getting me no where, and regretfully stood from my bed and made a straight line for the bathroom, to use the toilet. I didn't change from the sweats and hoodie I went to bed in. I did make sure I hid my suit properly and checked to make sure my work on the computer had been down well.

Afterwards, I went down stairs seeing and hearing pretty much nothing. The living space was only lit by the start of incoming light from the outside and it looked like no one had gotten up yet. I went to the window to look over the city. It was peaceful and I enjoyed it for a bit. Then I was bored. Someone should get up....

I looked around for something to 'accidentally' wake someone up. Would that be a douchebag move? I don't think so. I just want to spend time with my family. Though I could faintly hear that little voice saying 'lier, you just need entertainment to deal with your problems because you can't sleep and you can't handle them like and adult.' Thanks self conscious. That helped me so much.

I only sighed but really did wish someone would wake up as to help get rid of all these useless thoughts that really did nothing but put me on edge.

"Peter?" At the sound of my name I turned on my feet. To see Steve in what looked to be sweats and a T-shirt.

"Uh. Morning?.." I take it back. Go back to bed. How do you communicate with it!?

I stared awkwardly for a while and could only wave slightly. His face looking confused and somewhat amused at my awkward approach.

"What are you doing?" I looked at him for a minute before answering.

"Couldn't sleep so I came out here to watch the sun rise." I said. He looked thoughtful for a minute. I began to walk closer. Deciding it would be better then me standing half way across the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked back. He look at me as I came closer and gave me a small smile.

"About to go on a run. Want to come?" He looked at me with a somewhat hopeful look but also had the look that he'd accept my response if it turned out to be no. No doubt from Tony constantly regretting his offers to go on a run.