Chapter Twenty-Three

This Fanfiction was written in 2016 before Tom Holland's presence in Marvel and was primarily based on the Amazing Spider-Man Franchise

C H A P T E R | twenty-three

The few days of school I had were relatively short, but at the same time long. We had basically nothing to do, which made the classes seem long and dragged out. However, as the days, the few we had, came to a halt, I was all but sighing in relief. With the end of school for winter break approaching within mere moments, as I wait for the school bell to ring, I find myself a little anxious. With the break ending meant the dreaded thing I have faced since aunt Mays death. A Christmas with a family, I was deeply excited, but I wasn't sure how to react. It was strange in my opinion. I had been there for a few month and had made tremendous progress. I honestly didn't think I would even make it as far as I did. My thoughts were sure I'd be hidden in my room or backwards to a point they would ship me back to the orphanage age. Maybe keep me around in pity but adopt someone they could connect with.

Someone of my thoughts were out of place, especially when I knew most wasn't true. If I had been backwards they wouldn't have given up so easily, and I'm not so messed up to put them through it. Family was nice and I was glad to be given another chance, even if sometimes I don't feel like I deserved it.

I only sighed but watched the clocked that was mounted on the wall in the classroom. The hands moved slowly, while everyone sat in anticipation for it to strike twelve thirty. We got out early due to break.

I picked up my bag, shrugging it onto my shoulders to leave as soon as it reaches its final count down.

When it did, everyone practically jumped from their seats and rushed to get out. I simply walked without a care. Flash and his goons had left every kid they terrorized in alone this week in the spirit of Christmas. A token of caring and giving for a short week, until we came back. In reality, it just meant I could walk instead of pretending to be panicked and in a rush to save my life.

I strolled down the halls. Attempting to avoid the traffic of students that flooded the floors. They pushed and shoved to get out of the building. Some to buses, some to their cars, and like myself someone on their way home by walking.

The air was cold, and somewhat dense when you breath. It felt chilling every time I breathed in. My nose already feeling like someone took ice and placed it right on my face. I took my time getting down the stairs and down to my regular route home.

Since the break has started Natasha and Bruce had planned to help me track Harry and the other villains. As to capture them before they cause any trouble. Though I knew that would be hard. After all they have alluded us this long.

I casually looked around the city, while thinking of everything that was going on and what was to happen. I thought about the situation with the villains, to the issue with my family not knowing I'm Spider-Man. Wondering to myself when I should tell them if they don't figure it out, because eventually I would tell them. Everything was just moving so fast that I couldn't really plan everything or keep it in order. It was just a jumbled mess of letting it go with the flow.

My walk felt to short in my opinion and I wanted nothing more then to take a longer walk. With that in mind I turned down another walk way. Sending a quick message to both my fathers and both Natasha and Bruce. Knowing my parents would worry for not showing up and that the other two would worry that the evil villains on my trail would attack me. Knowing them they would attack me at any moment without warning. I only sighed to myself, allowing a small puff of smoke to leave my lips. I could hear the familiar sounds of New York City surrounding me in drones, from the gossip, to cars blaring. It was the sounds I enjoyed the most when in the city, and sometimes missed since coming to live in the tower.

I walked for nearly fifteen minutes before deciding to turn back for the tower. Telling myself I would patrol later in the night. It was a challenge being Spider-Man and part of a new family. I had become so accustomed to doing as I pleased. Staying out as long as I wanted. Being Spider-Man whenever I felt like it, but now I had other obligations. One that I didn't want to harm or regret because I neglected them. Ones I had done in the past. Leading to many things I wholeheartedly regretted with all of my being. How I wished I could go back and fix it. However, I was also glad for it. I was able to be apart of something knew. To be able to love with such amazing people, but even I still would want my other family back. It was just something I couldn't never forget or be okay without.

I only sighed at the thoughts that ran through my head, as I made my way around the corner and over to the tower. Making my way up to the living space where more then half their time the Avengers spent. Noticing that the room was empty. In fact nearly the entire building was empty, with the exception of the few staff members that were located throughout the building.

I walked all the way in. Throwing my bag onto the couch before heading to the fridge. Grabbing a water before heading over to the windows in the living room. Taking in the view of the city. The sky was a darkish grey mixed with the white and blue of the sky. The sun hidden completely behind clouds while most of the ground was covered in snow. I took a few sips of my drink before removing the heavier articles of clothing. Such as my jacket and scarf. Placing them neatly by my bag.

While I was doing that I felt my front pocket of my pants vibrate. I instantly reached for my phone that was inside. Pulling it out to see I had gotten a message from dad. I quickly opened my phone to the messages to fully read what he had said.

Dad

Sorry we weren't home. Mr. Pirate patch sent us out for a mission. Be back soon. Steve says he loves you and to behave. (I have some new toys to play with in the lab. Don't tell Steve, and we'll definitely mess with them later. May or may not be dangerous) love you. See you soon.

I lightly laughed to myself but quickly sent a message back to him.

I took my time messing with different things in the room. Mentally telling myself not to break any of it because it cost more then my kidney probably would on the back market (definitely don't know how much one does...)

I was enjoying myself by entertaining my small attention span, until my spidey senses went off. Causing me to jump back as something was thrown my way.

"Hello Peter, will you do me a favor and blow up?~" I looked down to see a small explosive I knew only belonged to one person. My eyes widening and my mouth going dry as it went off.
_______________________________

A/N

I wanted to do two updates tonight but during the last week something had happened and has taken priority over my obligations to this account. Hope you guys don't mind. I tried to give you something good for this chapter. I'll attempt to try and get another one out during the week. Enthusing try.

You guys are still important but it will just take me a little longer. I expect to finish this story with two or so more chapters. Three tops. I just plan to write them really long. So see you either sometimes this week or next update. Hope you guys enjoyed this small bit!