Chapter Eighteen

This Fanfiction was written in 2016 before Tom Holland's presence in Marvel and was primarily based on the Amazing Spider-Man Franchise

C H A P T E R | eighteen

It was obvious they were going to follow me. I even intended for them to do so. So when I heard the sound of engines gearing up to come after me. I practically stopped in my tracks to get home so I could face them. It was better to stack my claim to NOT joining before they try to force me. Fury wouldn't give up but he'd definitely back off if I have reasonable proof I wouldn't 'destroy' the city. So far I've shown a lot of my dedication for the city and my feelings towards it. However, it's not enough. He wants my identity, and with that he won't give up. It's annoying.

"Oh sweetie!" Speaking of annoying. I turned to see Deadpool rushing over to me. He's been hanging around the city as of late. Something about having a new job and having to find a person. It was blurred as I rather not listen to his crazy. Finding that it has begun to affect me. I don't need to argue with myself among other stuff.

"I'm not your sweaty" I said standing still to wait for the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D to catch up. What a hassle.

"Anyways I have to go. Don't follow me or I'll leave you webbed to the building like last week" I harshly said, without meaning to. I'm kinda busy. Don't have time for his personality.

I didn't even let him answer as I swung off into a random direction. Allowing those who were following to catch wind of me. To make it easier. I have homework I need to stare at for a couple hours before I actually do it.

I stopped at a tall building that had enough room for something like a helicopter to land.

And that's exactly what happened. A helicopter landed in front of me. Allowing the Avengers to pile out, along with Fury. It's cold. Can't they hurry up.

"I believe our business isn't over yet" Mr. eye patch said. Taking the lead as he stepped out of the helicopter.

"The only reason it didn't over is because your stubborn and can't let things be" I said. The copter had turned off by now and the blades slowed until they came to a somewhat stop. Everyone had gathered around at this point and I could clearly see some hint of amusement from Clint, who tried hiding it behind a poker face (a failing one). Natasha just looked both disappointed, and proud. She needs to decide. Am I in the dog house or being spared with the bliss of not being unalived? (Note. Stop letting Deadpool hang out with me. My vocabulary is basically begging to stab me with every word I use that sounds like him)

"If you have something to add on. Please let this dear spider know before I freeze to death. Spiders don't enjoy the cold" I said. Enthusiasm clearly void in my voice as I spook. I rubbed my hands on my arms to show them and or get my point across. 'It's cold and I'm in spandex. Unless I'm saving people I rather be inside.'

"You made a strong point about what you do for this city. However, I can not simply allow you to wonder and do as you please, even if I see no threat from you. S.H.I.E.L.D can not allow that without something to fall back on.

"What about the other vigilantes? Or am I just your favorite?"

"In due time. You have just proven to show more promise and to others poss as a greater threat, if not properly managed."

"I feel so honored to be on your radar, but no..." I said firmly. "And I'm in no need of managing. Try and fix your inside issues and have control of your team before you come after me— damn too much?" His visible eye twitched and I could tell I hit a nerve, and I had brought suspicion upon myself. Can't help that I want to know stuff...