s i x t e e n

one week later.

april and the boys that were with her when she had 'killed' her uncle told the police the same story.

bill and stan where first to explain their side of the story.

"explain to me what went down, if you need time please take it. we need to get to the bottom of this." the head police officer, Hopper, asked the boys with a stern voice.

"we were hanging out with april in her room and her uncle came up to her room, yelling at her saying that she would kill us if he saw boys were in her room." stan said calmly as bill tried to calm himself down, stan noticed this and grabbed his hand giving it a light squeeze.

bill nodded and took a deep breath before speaking, "so-so april hid uh-us in the closet while she hi-hid the uh-other boys in other a-areas." he paused as his leg started to bounce nervously.

"he talked to april, i don't know what he said but he randomly opened the closet door, putting his fist up to hit us. april then hit him over the head with a radio, knocking him out, saving us." stan continued, allowing bill to take a break so he wasn't overwhelmed.

"then we-we helped her pack two buh-bags before leaving the house. she st-stayed with rich-richie for awhile." bill finished, Hopper looked pleased before standing up straight and knocking on the window- signaling that the talk was over and it was time to bring in the others.

next up was eddie and richie. hopper thought it would be easier on the kids if they were with one of their friends while they talked about everything that had happened.

"alright police man! give me all ya got! i will never tell you where the money is! haha!" richie spoke in a horrible german accent while eddie and hopper rolled their eyes at the same time.

"explain what went down the day you helped april run away."

and thats what they did. the story was the same but this tim it was from eddies and richies point of view. also richie made some awful jokes, just because.

after they managed to get richie to stop fucking around they heard enough. april was next.

Hopper walked out to the waiting area and saw april sitting in a chair with her knees up to her chest and her head down.

"april? its your turn to explain." hopper spoke in a soft tone, making april look up and walk past the boys and hopper into the room without saying a word.

-

-

Richie

"she's going to be okay. she will explain everything and will be relocated to the orphanage. it's not that far from the school. calm down Richard." the nice office lady explained, trying to calm him down.

"are you kiDDING ME? A FUCKING ORPHANAGE? SHE IS GOING TO BE DEPRESSED IN THAT SHITHOLE!" i screamed at the lady who was just trying to help. i'm pretty sure her name was jill? joyce? or just joy? who cares, april is the main priority for richie.

"i understand how you feel, she will be okay. you can still see her at school and around town. who knows? someone might adopt her." the lady i'll call 'joy' spoke in a calm voice, resting her hand on my shoulder while the other boys watched.

"fine. sure. cool. rad. great. amazing. fan-" i rambled on about how 'great' this whole plan thing sounded until stan nudged me with his foot, glaring at me to 'shut the fuck up'. i nodded and sat back down next to him and eddie, watching as april left the room with 'hopper', going to the front desk to (what i could imagine) fill out some forms.

for some odd reason i felt a chill down my spine.

little did i know that so did the rest of the 'losers'

-

-

A/N: i updated. wattpad has been fucking around so yeah.

ps. the 'chill down their spine' may or may not have something to do with a clown and a kid who really likes paper boats lol.