Cramps...

Driving back to their studio, Mark, again caught sight of Jen walking alone the street. He hesitated for a moment, would he offer her a ride, or not? Maybe not, for sure her boyfriend might get jealous. But what would he get jealous about? He’ll just offer his girlfriend a ride and nothing more. But why would also he wants to offer her a ride? He shook his head, what is he thinking about? As he finally decided, he drove his car past her. But he felt he’s not being a gentleman that way. He looked on his side mirror to take a glance at her; he found her sitting on the ground and touching her ankle. He suddenly felt worried. He drove his car backwards to her direction.

“Ouch, how can you be so wrong in timing?” he heard her. He went outside of his car and hurriedly rushed to her side.

“Hey, what happened?” he asked anxiously and examined her ankle.

“Mark?” she asked, surprise was evidence in her eyes. Mark stared at her, she tried to stare back at him but he’s too handsome to look at.  She avoided her stare.

“I...I am ok Mark.” She replied and tried her best to stand up. She got out of balance in her attempt. Mark reflexively caught her in his arms, then their eyes met, she really can’t help it. How can someone as handsome as he live in this world! XD

“Are you real?” she asked as if having a beautiful illusion. Then she touched his face, testing if she’s not really having an illusion. Then she came back to her senses when she looked again at in his eyes and saw his brows met as if he’s wondering why she’s acting that way.

“Ok Jen, stop daydreaming about him.” She fixed herself and looked the other way, avoiding his curious stare.

“I’m sorry, I...I...was just fooling around...hehe.” she made an alibi and avoided his stare.

“Are you okay? I mean... your ankle.” Mark asked worriedly while helping her stand steadily. He put her arm on his shoulder so that she can have his support and put his arm around her waist helping her walk to the bench nearby. Jen looked at his arm around her waist. “So, this is the feeling to be in his arms.” She concluded, in his arms, she felt so special and secured. She looked at him, he’s so worried, and she wanted to smile. “You’re giving me a reason to long in your arms. I should be avoiding you; I don’t deserve to be with you. You’re a star; I’m just your simple fan. Being with you is just like attempting to reach a very shining star up above.”  She looked down; sad look can be seen in her eyes. Mark helped her sit on the bench. Then he knelt down and gently touched her right foot.

“Does this one hurt?” he asked and looked at her. She nodded as a response. He gently removed her doll shoe and gently turned her foot around...gently and slowly.

She could not help herself not to look at him. He’s so sincere, so gentle, and so careful when doing that.

“Did I ever tell you how adorable you are, Marky?” she thought, then suddenly...

“Ah...ouch!” she cried in pain. Mark suddenly almost panicked.

“S-Sorry...Are-Are you alright?” he asked worriedly. She looked at her foot; it’s so painful that she almost cried.

“It hurts so much...” she said painfully. Mark didn’t know what to do.

“Can you still endure it?” he asked.

“I... I don’t know.” she replied, a tear suddenly fell on her cheek while looking and holding her ankle. Mark can’t help it, he avoided to look at her, and he didn’t know why he felt so vulnerable seeing this girl crying in pain, he didn’t feel this way towards any other girl. He came towards her and carefully carried her in his arms. Jen, who was crying in pain due to her aching foot, looked at him curiously.

“What are you doing Mark?” she asked.

“Ssshh...” he silenced her. She kept quiet and wiped her tear away but her foot still hurts.

He opened his car gently placed her in the seat next to him and closed it. Then he hurriedly went to the other side and hopped in. He started his car and drove going to the infirmary.

>>> 

“Don’t worry mister Feehily, she’s absolutely okay now. She had a cramps, it’s really painful since a ligament got dislocated. What we did was just put a bag of ice on it and did a little massage to make the ligament back in its proper place.” The doctor explained to Mark. He sighed in relief.

“Thank you Doc.” He said gratefully. The doctor nodded and went outside to attend his other patients.

“Mark, I’m sorry for causing you trouble. You can now go back to your work. Oh, I’m sure you’re very late. I’m very sorry.” Jen apologetically said to him. Mark looked at her and smiled.

“It’s okay. I’ve called Shane to tell them I will be late. I’ll just take you home to make sure you’re okay.” Mark replied.

“Oh, no no... I’ll just call Tommy to attend me here.” Jen replied.

Mark almost forgot her boyfriend.

“Are you sure?” he asked, didn’t let his sad tone be obvious.

“Not yet, I... I forgot my phone.” She said shyly.

“I’m wondering why you always tend to forget your phone.” He joked. Jen laughed, it’s too good to hear that cute laughter.

“I’m wondering too. I even put your picture there as my wallpaper so that I can’t forget it but...” the she sighs. This time, it was Mark who laughed.

“I’m pretty much sure your boyfriend got jealous because of my picture there instead if his.” Mark added. Then Jen laughed.

“I’ll slap him one hundred times if he dares to change it with his picture,’ she laughed ‘and besides, I don’t know yet who he is.” She added. Mark laughed.

“How come you don’t know your boyfriend?” he asked.

“Because I don’t have a boyfriend!” she said while pouting and Mark found it so cute, those lips. He smiled and shook his head upon the thought, he stopped... she doesn’t have a boyfriend? Then who is this Tommy she’s talking about?

“You don’t have a boyfriend?’ he repeated then he didn’t know why his heart jumped in joy ‘huh?”

“Yeah, ever since I came to know you.” She replied unmindfully while smiling.

“What?” he asked. Jen, upon realizing what she’d just said, suddenly panicked. Wide-eyed, she covered her mouth.

“Oh... I... what I mean... hehe. May I borrow your phone, I’ll just call Tommy.” She replied while blushing and wasn’t looking at him straight in the eye. He came forward, then making his face slowly nearing hers. Jen’s heart was pounding intensely. She turned her face so that she can avoid him and not letting her blushing face visible to him.

“W-What a-are you d-doing Markus?” she asked then tried to look at him and upon seeing his face just inches away from hers, she suddenly turned her head.

“M-Mark, I s-said I want to borrow y-your phone’ she said ‘not to kiss me.” She added in almost a whisper.

Mark laughed hard upon hearing it.

“W-what?!” she asked, glaring at him already. Mark tried his best to stop his laughter.

“Oops, I’m sorry. Don’t worry, I won’t kiss you...yet.” he assured her then helped her stand.

“I’ll take you home.” He said.

“What? Y-You’ll take me h-home?” she asked while looking at him wide-eyed. Mark got what she meant then laughed again. He pinched her nose gently.

“You’re so cute.” He said and winked. Jen, who was now open-mouthed, looked at him curiously.

“What do you mean?” she asked innocently. Mark looked at her, that innocent look makes her so adorable. He smiled.

“I said I’ll take you to your home. Why? Do you want me to take you home instead?” he joked. Jen gave him that surprised and innocent look again. He really can’t help it.

“You’re now late and – “

“Ssshh...” he silenced her.