Chapter 14: Shut up Stiles

"Hey," Stiles whispers to hook my attention. I have been trying to ignore him since Matt and Scott vacated the room again. The last thing I want is to deal with his sarcastic remarks and obnoxious questions on top of everything else already happening at the moment. I'm annoyed enough with the situation we're already in and I don't need him making it worse. However, I'm quickly learning that just because you ignore your problem, that doesn't mean it'll go away. He clearly has no idea that I'm purposefully avoiding responding to him because he won't stop talking. How Scott stands him is beyond me. "You know what's happening to Matt?"

"No. And the book is not going to help him," I sigh, giving in to communicating with him. It seems to be the only way to shut him up.  Besides, if I truly want to be an estimable person, I am going to have to get used to speaking with others. Even when it is the last thing I want to do. "You can't just break the rules. Not like this."

"What do you mean?" He questions further.

I sigh before answering another one of his questions, "The universe balances things out. Vampires not being able to walk out in the sun. Werewolf's turning on a full moon." Sometimes those balances have a loophole, but other times they have consequences.

"Is it because he's using Jackson to kill people who don't deserve it?" Stiles says aloud trying to figure out every detail of this situation. I may know a lot throughout my years, but I'm not a supernatural encyclopedia.

I attempt at nodding in response, forgetting about the paralysis in that split moment, though it was still scarcely visible. Talking with Stiles has taken my mind away from being paralyzed for a second. Maybe talking to him isn't as horrible as I expected it to be.

"So if Matt breaks the rules of the Kanima, he becomes the Kanima?"

"Balance," I repeat.

"Will he believe us if we tell him that?"

"Not likely." Matt doesn't seem in his right mind to believe anyone or anything but that book. And it's not going to tell him what he needs to know. Due to the power that has gone to his head with controlling Jackson, he has become delusional and I do not expect him to listen to anything we have to say.

"Okay, he's gonna kill all of us when he gets that book, isn't he?"

"Yes." He has no reason to let us live after witnessing him kill most of the people in this building that were apart of the morning shift. He can't kill me, but the rest of them he can unless we find a way to kill him first. Or in Scott's case, save him.

"All right, so what do we do? Do we just sit here and wait to die?" It's just question after question with this kid. He's lucky I cannot move my arms, or I would have punched him by now.

"I'm attempting to push the toxin out of my body faster by drawing blood," I respond as I sink my nails deeper into my thigh. Now that Matt and Scott are gone, I can persist in drawing my blood with the help of my slightly long fingernails to speed up the healing process.

"What? Oh, what are you doing? Oh, gross," Stiles groans at the sight of my blood.

I can feel the toxins leaving my body, but the pace isn't as fast as when Derek did it because he had my whole arm gushing blood. At this pace, this is going to take twice the amount of that time. Maybe more.

"So is that hypothetical situation we talked about getting any less hypothetical?" Stiles annoyingly blurts out after ten minutes of silence. Not only is he talkative, but he is also impatient.

"I believe so. I can move my toes." That's a good sign. I should be moving the rest of my body in no time.

"I can move my toes," Stiles sighs. Fantastic. Can this get any worse?