Chapter 16: Trust?

"Someone's coming," I say breaking free from our heated kiss that I eagerly wish to continue, and turn my head in the direction of the locker room entrance.

I was so distracted by the actions going on between Isaac and I that I almost missed the faint sound of three men walking down the hallway. One of the voices I recognize to be Gerard Argents.

"They're coming for me," Isaac says softly. I turn my attention back to him and, even though he seems calm and collected, I can detect a slight trace of fear in his eyes. With every passing day, his fear travels farther and farther from him as he gains confidence and strength, and I'm proud of him for overcoming that. With the life he's had, I would've predicted it'd take longer for him to break from his shell than it has. Maybe being a werewolf has sped up the process, but no matter what he is the one that conquered his fears.

"I won't let them hurt you," I reassure him as I caress his cheek lightly with my thumb. I'm not going to let anyone hurt him. "Bring them as far into the room as you can. I have a plan."

Not having time to go into the details with him, I hurry behind one of the lockers in the corner of the room, doing my best to stay out of sight for when the three men come into the room.

Seconds later, Gerard and two of his other hunters strut through the door just as Isaac begins crawling to the sinks on the far end of the room as I asked. Luckily Jackson didn't scratch Isaac enough to keep him down for long. With it only being a hairline cut, the paralysis never fully took over his body. He could feel it, but it's quickly fading from his system than it normally takes.

"It was a good effort, Isaac. It was," Gerard taunts as one of his mates hands him a large metallic sword. I know I'm old school, but this is absurd. Isaac isn't a dragon that needs to be slayed. If anything deserves the sharp edges of that sword it's Gerard himself.

"This would be so much more poetic if it were halftime," he sneers as he drags the sword behind him while striding over to Isaac full of confidence.

Issac still struggles to access all his strength as he reaches the sinks and grips the edges to pull himself up from the floor. Turning his body around, he leans against the porcelain and faces his attacker. Isaac's completed everything I needed him to, now it's my turn.

Stepping out, I give Isaac a nod before using my vampire speed to rush over to the closest hunter standing a few feet behind Gerard, and expeditiously bite into his neck to drain him of his blood then snap his neck. Dropping him to the ground, I step over his body and lick at my lips, enjoying the delicious flavor of the hunter's blood.

"I don't know, Gerard. If you ask me, I'd say the fourth quarter is sufficiently more poetic," I smirk while using the back my hand to wipe at the rest of the blood left behind on my lips. Isaac smirks as well, but Gerard keeps a serious expression on his face when he turns around to find me hovering over his unconscious pale friend who I drained of blood.

Going for the other hunter, he attempts a hook punch, but I quickly dodge his blow which causes me to miss the sight of his leg hurling in my direction. From the force of his kick to the back of my knee, I lose my balance and fall backward, but that's not enough to keep me down. Without getting up, I kick at the back of his knee as he did to me and before he can collide to the ground, I shove my foot upwards to his stomach with enough force to send him next to his dead mate.

Standing back up, I look around for Gerard, wanting to save the best for last, but he's nowhere to be found. My eyes wander around the small area to see if I had missed him or if he's hiding, but he must have escaped while I was occupied with his accomplices.

"Where is he?" I inquired, turning to Isaac who still sits on top of the sink to support himself as his body fights off the rest of the paralysis. He shrugs, not noticing that he had left, but it doesn't matter. Isaac is still alive and that's all I care about right now. "Are you alright?" I ask making my way to him.