Chapter 18: The Risk

Readjusting myself in the back seat of Chris Argent's car, I glower over at Isaac. Not because I'm annoyed with him, but because I'm annoyed by Jackson taking up most of the space while unconscious. Dead or alive, he will always erk me.

During our kidnapping mission, we made it back to the parking lot undetected, but as we neared Scott's vehicle, another sped towards us and stopped us from moving any further. And when Chris was the one to step out of his shiny black SUV alone, I thought of him as incredibly idiotic. I would have enjoyed ripping his heart out to have one less Argent to worry about, however, Scott prevented me from doing so and chose to talk with his girlfriend's father. Shockingly enough, the conversation had taken a turn for the better. Chris had purposely searched for us so he could talk to Scott about joining our side and go against his father and the Kanima.

He had seen right through Gerard's facade the moment his father psychologically twisted his way into Allison's head. He has been controlling her like she is his own personal hunting slave and Chris wants better for his daughter. I had heard rumors about his wife dying from others and that's around the same time Allison began to act out. Gerard knew how to play his cards, and when to play them.

Knowing that Chris is with us, Scott had gone into the details of our unstable plan, and after processing it, he offers to give us a ride, placing us inside his vehicle with Jackson as a burden. And what felt like the longest trip of the century, we faintly arrive at the abandoned building Derek had requested we meet up at.

Easily spotting him within the tin walls Chris parks his SUV in, we exit the vehicle, and immediately Derek goes into barking orders for Jackson to be brought to him.

Since Jackson is practically already in mine and Isaac's lap, we work together to grab his body bag and place him not so gently onto the ground as everyone circles around him.

When we had succeeded in sneaking Jackson out from the hospital, he was no longer moving about in his venomous cocoon. However, that doesn't mean I let my guard down with him. Today has been full of unexpected events and I'm not going to be taken by surprise by another one.

"Where are they?" Scott asks joining our circle.

Derek looks around "Who?"

"Peter and Lydia." It was never brought to my attention that we're having a get together for the demise of Gerard and Jackson. Maybe while I was catching up with my brother they had planned something and never filled me in on it. But why would Lydia need to be here? She's human, and even though she has somehow managed to learn about the supernatural on her own, that doesn't mean she needs to be near it.

Derek sighs, ignoring Scott as usual and straddles over Jackson's corpse.

"Wait. Are you going to kill him?" I ask while he unzips the body bag hiding Jackson from us. There is no way this is the plan. Scott would never have gone along with it if it is. He wants to save Jackass, for whatever reasonings he may have, and he wouldn't agree to this.

Derek must have tricked not only Scott, but the rest of us into bringing him Jackson to kill him. Scott isn't strong enough to stop Derek, though. And honestly, I don't want him to. I know I want to change, but I still understand the concept of when death is necessary. And this is necessary. We need to eliminate the issue, and death is the only way we can rid this town of him while he is still vulnerable.

"You said you knew how to save him," Scott states accusingly. Join the club. No one can trust the words that come from Derek's mouth. He will always be a manipulative liar that only cares about himself.

"Think about it Scott," Derek yells, cutting Scott off from asking another question. "Gerard controls him now. Alright, he's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."