rule ii/ stay away from local gangs

Magnus Bane
was known by all to be a powerful man.

"Magnus, is now really a time to be hosting a party? You know what the Circle-"

"Hush Daymen, jesus you're twice my age and at times it seems you haven't learned anything these past years."

"Magnus, I will honor you and our family until the day I die, we all will. But the Circle has-"

"Yes," Magnus admitted to his friend. "The Circle is a threat. But I will not have you guys, my family hiding out in the depths of this house in the face of those cowardly foes. I will protect you with my life. All of you. Do you believe me?"

Daymen immediately felt guilty for ever doubting Magnus. "Yes sir."

Magnus rolled his eyes, "I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about them." Magnus rose his hands behind Daymens head pointing down the third floor corridor. In an instant all those who were listening through their room door opened their door to face Magnus.

He stood crossed armed watching as thirty little kids ran eagerly to Magnus's side as Magnus was surprised that it was only a few of them. Then their parents followed behind walking out the other doors heads hung.

"My friends," Magnus begun as he walked closer to the group. He dropped his funny way about him so everyone knew he was serious. "My family. I will say this again so you all can hear. I never ever purposely let anyone hurt you. Not the police. Not the mundanes. And especially not the Circle."

Many of them flinched at the mention of the Circle but felt a flow of relief when Magnus promised them this.

"And I promise you," Magnus took the hands of a little girl who had to be about five. She held onto him in admiration. "If any of them ever lay a finger on anyone of you— there is no army, no one man, nothing will stop me from taking them and tearing them limb from limbs. I will burn there houses to the ground. I will hang them upside down for days and wait for the weight of their bodies to kill them. I will skin them alive. Ever since I was a boy you have been my family. My mother and father, they didn't care for you, they did wrong by you. I took care of you when my mother selfishly took her life. I took care of you after I took care of my step father. And I repeat, I will take care of you till the day that I die."

Magnus heard the others at the staircase and looked around at their faces. He repeated so everyone understood that he meant what he said with every being in his soul, "till the day I die."

The room was quiet for a moment before everyone bent down on one knee and placed their right fist on there hearts. Magnus looked down as even the little children followed in their parents lead, as he heard thuds from the lower levels meaning everyone in the house was doing the same. This was a sign of honor among the Warlocks. They weren't a gang. They were a family they did whatever it took to stay alive.

"Now, everyone get dressed for the party and all the kids get to go to the fourth floor for the real cool party," Magnus knew that whenever he throw a party, for the grown ups in the house which included the ones fifteen and older since most kids in the house became mature at that age, that the children felt left out. As a result, so he cut off a part of his private floor to build a large play room which included slides, swings, toys to accommodate the fifty little kids that lived in the house, etc. There was never a dull moment for the kids. Out of everyone in the house, Magnus held them closest to his heart because he knew how scary it could be at times living in the house.

Yes, every room was huge and furnished so every family lived comfortably with a tv, separate beds, toys, but whenever those who were part of the "gang" had to go take care of business. The kids would get anxiety.