rule vii/ do not miss practice, ever.

Magnus Bane
was intelligent beyond compare

"I don't understand, why can't we just try again?"

"Again, you lot aren't as smart as I am so I'll try to put this as dumbed down as I possibly can. The transmitters were collecting data from the pentagon. With your hands locked in a perpetual chain, the set of data you experienced is impossible to recreate since the break tainted the integrity of the cyber exists we created. Since the computer understood what we were after, it destroyed the information as programmed to do and now we'll never be able to retrieve it. Even if I worked my hardest to try and put together the scraps information left over, it will take months and you'd probably only get a snippet of information which is not enough."

Clary felt her eyes weld with tears and Jace wrapped his arm around her in comfort. Alec stood by the threshold trying to be as isolated as possible.

"What is left now?" Clary sighed obviously loosing hope.

Jace looked to Alec and Alec immediately knew what he was suggesting.

"Jace, she cant do that, you know it's too dangerous."

"W-what? What's too dangerous?" Clary jumped up happy to hear there might be another way.

Jace opened his mouth while Alec shook his head in disapproval.

"The Silent Brothers."

***

When I walked into class, I wondered why everyone looked shellshocked. I quickly looked to the board to make sure there wasn't some pop quiz that I wasn't prepared for but luckily I was in the clear.

Still, that didn't explain why everyone was looking so shook.

That was until I actually took a better look at the teacher desk and found that Magnus was sitting relaxed with his feet propped up in the wooden desk. No one was talking, everyone was just staring at Magnus as he indulged himself in her phone texting away.

I awkwardly stood there and everyone could faintly hear our Psychology teacher begging to the principal in the hallway. It was no secret he was pleading to have Magnus' class changed.

Sorry Tim, he insisted.

A few seconds later our teacher Tim Wright came walking in frowning at Magnus.

"Hello Timmy," Magnus smiled brightly but his eyes never left his phone.

"Magnus, what are you—"

"This is my class now Timmy, don't think about it too much," he spoke with such cockiness everyone could practically see that veins popping from Mr. Wright's head.

"Watch your attitude Bane—"

"Watch my attitude?" Magnus scoffed putting his phone down harshly as he shot Mr. Wright with a devilish glare. "You should watch your mouth."

This made Wright shut up right quick.

Magnus decided on his own time before he got up sat in the back near my chair. A part of me was horrified at this matter since when there was group work I'd probably be with him, but he other half of me was happy.

Wright looked at me and scolded which was fairly out of character.

"Take a seat Lightwood, I am the boss around here not you!" He barked taking his anger out on me.