rule ix/ intamacy is unacceptable

Alec Lightwood had never been kissed.

Early in the morning, word made its way to me that Ashely wasn't coming to school today.

This was good. Not that I didn't like the girl, for I barely knew her but that meant I got to be alone with Magnus. Although I wasn't sure if I liked that or not, I knew for sure I would never admit to it, and certainly not aloud.

I was sitting anxiously in my seat running my fingers through my hair every so often. All morning I stressed  over this outfit. To someone who didn't stare at me as much as one could, one couldn't spot the differences. My hair was done, although it still had it's charmingly messy way about it, I'd spent almost an hour trying to get my hair to properly suit my face. If you moved your wandering eyes to my face one would also spot that my usually decently dry lips were moisturized and freshly scrubbed making them more pink than usual. Enticingly so...at least I hoped. And my posture made me look tall as well. My outfit, I'd dreamt of what to wear. I wore my best jeans that surely enough showed off my sculpted figure which I'd acquired from my  devotion to football. And the black jeans contrasted well with my signature black short sleeved Calvin Klein shirt. I didn't wear my leather jacket for once so my toned arms were there for the viewing. I was sure no one would notice these differences. That was until I saw Magnus, it didn't take long for him to spot these little changes. I could tell by the look of hunger in his eyes. He wanted to murder me, I'm sure.

He sat next to me in his coy yet enthralling manner.

I fought a blush trying not to look at him but every few seconds I'd sneak a peek at him to see he had never stopped looking nor did he turn his head as one does when they are caught being nosy.

I opened my mouth the protest but unfortunately the teachers voice filled the classroom.

"Today we will be watching a film well known to all I presume. It is called Pride and Prejudice. Over the course of six days we will watch the British television rendition of the novel through film."

Nervously, I watched as the professor shut the lights leaving me and Magnus close and in the dark room with nothing but the slow violin shouting from the old television and our convictions. I felt Magnus's thigh pressing against my own. So maybe it was just my conviction.

Being the student that I was, I had watched the movie perhaps a billion times, so I couldn't find myself enveloped in the film yet again. Rather, I felt Magnus's hand on the back on my chair, planted there nonchalantly. Magnus knew what he was doing.

He leaned in breathing in my hair, the smell of shampoo surely hit Magnus and he found himself leaning closer and closer to my  neck. The room was almost completely dark aside from the tv so no one saw this situation. I was barely keeping it together. I couldn't fathom why Magnus's proximity was making my heart flutter, but it was.

"Alexander," Magnus whispered centimeters away from my  neck.

"W-why are you so close?"

"Alexander, you smell, edible. Do you taste good too—"

I jerked away coughing so loud the teacher probably pondered turning on the lights to make sure I wasn't dying.

"I'm okay.." I mumbled after a few kids asked for my status. I snapped my head at Magnus thankful that it was so dark, he couldn't see the redness of my face. Embarrassed, I sunk into my chair but of course I just ended up smacking the back of my head on the top of my seat.

I bit back the groan in my throat trying not to cause a scene. Magnus stifled a laugh before running his finger were I had just hit my head. Suddenly I didn't feel the pain as much, instead all I felt were Magnus's long digits massaging my tender scalp. Every hair stood at attention on my body.