rule xiii/adultery is a big no-no

-

-Magnus Bane was not as innocent as he seemed

-
Magnus Bane was not as innocent as he seemed.

Every minute or so Izzy would switch the radio station. The silence between her and Bella thicken until it became unforgivingly suffocating. Even though the soft melodies of Chet Baker filled every crevice of the car, the distance was obvious.

Click.

Click.

Click-

Bella covered the controls and let out a frustrated sigh. Izzy jolted back against her seat before taking her small hand back from the dash.

"Is your ass itchy? We've only been in here for half an hour. Stop bouncing around." Bella spat fighting back her irritation.

Izzy hesitantly turned to face her, clenching the arm rest.

"Why are they taking so long? Do you think something went wrong?"

Bella shook her head still facing the front window. The mid of her brows pushed inwards and her jaw clenched mildly. "You should learn to trust Magnus. You have no idea what he's capable of."

Izzy released a full breath and slouched into her chair. "You really love him, huh?"

Bella's head spun like a draddle before landing on Izzy was atypically soft eyes. "Like a brother. The same as your love for Jace, though, I don't know how someone could-"

"No," Izzy smiled squinting her eye lips over her almond brown pupils. "I see the way you look at him. It's how he looks at Alec when he thinks no one is watching. You like him—"

Bella smacked the dashboard cutting Izzy off. "Don't speak of what you don't know."

Izzy jumped back with a pout, "I-"

But before she could finish Bella shoved the door open, kicking it behind her, leaving the mark of her combat boots stained on the steel blue door.

"Damn it, Izzy." She cursed herself watching Bella as she leaned back against the from of the car.

At first she wasn't going to push it any further but something in her, guilt most likely, told her to follow Bella to the front of the car. She strut till she was toes to toes with Bella then tilted her neck up to look at her. With a pout then a tilted head she asked, "why does it bother you so much?"

Bella raised a brow before rolled. "You've never been in love, huh?"

Izzy sucked in a breath and scrunched her small nose. "What is that suppose to mean?"

She was silent at first as she tried to find the right words to probably explain to Izzy what it was like to have your every waking breath unfairly built to cater to the whims of one person. When they move, you have no choice yet no objections but to move as well. "You can never know what it's like to be tethered to another. To have your smile depend on theirs. Nothing else matters, your own happiness becomes inconsequential."