rule viii/ stay away from the gays

Magnus Bane
was afraid of being alone.

"Nature over nurture? Hasn't that horse been beaten enough in the science world?" He asked but never looked at me as he spoke. He just kept looking down at his old damaged book pretending to be invested. His hair fell aimlessly on his forehead covering his eyes from me which didn't sit too well with me.

I looked at him amused knowing I could t very well ask him to move his hair so I can see his eyes, "Yes, but two things, first things is that in this case we'll evaluate each other and I'll do unto Amanda since you two clearly can't be in the same room together let alone—"

"Get to the point Magnus," he insisted. It was funny, usually I tear the heads off anyone who didn't take a liking to my family but when it came to Alec, as long as he liked me, I didn't mind his indifference.

"Well the point is that we'll evaluate one another to pin point whether or not we do things based on our environment or because that's just what we were born to do."

"And the second?"

"Professors love this crap, there's no way we get anything less that an A. We won't stop beating this horse until it stops shitting out money."

He beamed at that, "nature vs nurture it is. Although let's stop this animal abuse analogy, it's kinda sick."

"Okay, as you wish, lets start with simple question then, like, what is your name in full?"

"You answer first,"

"Magnus Bane, the High Warlock of Brooklyn."

"You make it sound like you're royalty," he scoffed at how proud I was. In return I scoffed at his obviousness.

"Dear Alexander, the amount of money I have to my name and the power I hold over this town, I might as well be some type of royalty."

"Well at least you're humble."

"I'm not," I smirked putting my hands behind my head as I looked at him. Ever so ravishing he looked. He looked the same as always but that didn't stop me from drooling at the mouth with every flex of his muscle or any clench of his structured jaw.

"How old are you?"

"Old enough," I cheeked at him. His cheeks reddened making parts of me redden as well.

"Magnus," he warned.

I raised my hands in surrender, "I'm twenty years old going on to twenty one soon."

I watched as he gulped nervously, "when's your birthday?"

"Few months, December 18 to be exact."

"If you're a junior, why are you in my psychology class?"

"Two reasons, the first is to keep an eye out for my family, a lot of them take psychology—"

"Amanda Pink is a Warlock?!"

I slumped back in my chair in disappointment. "It's how you say it I think, at first I thought it was just the fact that you're saying it but it's the way you say it that upsets me."

"What? Warlock?"

"There it is again, you say it which such.. superiority, such detest for my family."

"I didn't mean... didn't mean um... shit I don't know what to—"

"Just say it, say it like it's a name, not a disease," I beckoned hoping he'd oblige. I didn't know why but hearing him saying with disgust made me want to vomit.