rule xii/it's a trap, it's always a trap.

-

Alexander Lightwood at times had an inferiority complex

The ride over to Magnus's house was silent.

Jace was driving the car like a mad man with one hand and held his bruised cheek with the other.

Isabella, caught between the disgustingly awkward tension was scrolling through Instagram trying to ignore it.

Alec was looking out the window anxiously dreading when Magnus's place would come into view. Every now and then he'd send a death glare towards his brother.

He knew, or at least believed, what happened between him and Magnus was a just a spur of the moment thing.

Of course I let him to that, I'd never came in my whole life, of course someone as experienced as Magnus knew the right tricks to get me to surrender.

I mean nothing to him, just another itch he needed to scratch.

Honestly good, I'm not like that anyways.

He convinced him self that this was the truth.

As "true" as this was he couldn't shake the sorrow in his chest. And beyond that he didn't want Magnus to be apart of the mess Jace was creating.

He knew Magnus had a little village to care for in his home, he had a business, he already had a million and one things on his plate. His life was dangerous enough as it was, getting involved with the Vampires wasn't going to do him any favors.

Yes, Alec was scared.

Scared for Magnus.

"Jace, there are other ways to do this without getting Magnus involved... did you even try the police? Mom? Dad?"

Silence.

"Jace! You can't just pull people into your shit like pawns. Not everyone has the security that we do, you've done it was so many people I can't even count. You always do this. Just take Bella for example—"

The car abruptly stopped nearly sending Isabella out the front window but Jace blocked her before it could happen.

Alec snapped.

"Are you fucking mental—"

"I am your brother Alec!" Jace yelled in unexpected fury. "Me! Not that filthy Warlock. Not the fucking freak Bella. Not the teachers, not our teammates. Me. I am your brother."