rule viiii/ flirting is immature

Alec Lightwood
rarely got jealous. Rarely.

I waited nervously by the old elevator. Anxiously, I found myself studying it. The rust growing on the once vibrant metals was what first drew my attention. The Victorian era decor which if you thought about it, doesn't make much sense. It was probably breaking many safety code by my guess.

Magnus would come any moment practically against his will. Just the thought that I was somehow responsible made me just about loath myself. As if I needed more of that.

For the past few hours I'd been trying to reason with Jace. To tell him that this threat, this movement, was going to get us in trouble with the Warlocks. Why couldn't Jace see that his selfish values weren't worth the lives of his family members?

Oh, but since that red headed snake slipped her way into Jace's heart, he's been doing nothing but getting Izzy and I into a shitload of trouble. For her. Now I'm missing practice again for him, and all to find the mother of a girl I couldn't give two shits about.

Izzy walked into the corridor and spotted me by the door. She didn't realize that I'd been there since I came home. Although she had an idea why, she still had to ask me what was wrong.

"What's got you in a sour mood?" She strolled over to me with a sweet pout on her liquid red lips.

I sighed while rubbing my eyes in fatigue.

"I have this unruly headache, it comes and goes—"

Just as I spoke Clary walked out of Jace's dorm room looking impatiently at the door for Magnus.

"And... it's fucking back," I continued looking repulsed at Clary. Her face was powered in make up and her pink lipstick just seemed annoyingly bright and attention grabbing. And not the flattering kind. Not to mention her bright ass orange hair.

In the past I never had a problem with orange but now I couldn't stand it. I physically retracted from it.

Izzy stifled her laughter before hitting my shoulder.

"Don't be mean brother," said Izzy.

Soon after Clary, Jace left his room. "I told that Warlock to be here by nine. It's nine thirty. What the fuck is taking so long?"

They all shrugged cluelessly and following in Clary's lead, Jace glared at the door annoyed with how long Magnus was taking.

***

He watched as the house doctor discharged Bella from her infirmary stay.

She looked a lot better. Although she had russet skin, you could make out a flush in her cheeks. She looked less fragile. As she was jerking around less.

"Magnus...I feel like... I feel like the family ruined your life. I feel like because of us, you're stuck on a silver plastered shelf or you're the shelf and you're meant to carry all of us," said Bella as she cuddled herself into Magnus.

He only suppressed a sighed and ran his fingers through her hair.

"I'd do anything for you guys, without a second thought—"

"Yeah, that's what I mean. I know the only reason you're going out is because that Wayland kid has dirt on me," she blushed looking away from Magnus hoping he didn't know what was in those files.

"You'd do the same for me, wouldn't you Bella?" He asked but he already knew the answer.

"I'd jump over a cliff for you, Magnus Bane," she looked away shyly. "We all would. Without a second thought."