rule iv/ emotions cloud judgement

Magnus Bane
was a lonely man.

"Finally, what took you so long?" Jace complained as he rushed into the warm house.

"He told me to come down, I think he will require payment for his work," I explained.

"Of course he does," Jace rolled his eyes looking around the house skeptically.

I looked behind me to see that Magnus wasn't there. How was that? I was literally just looking at him.

"So...where is he?" Simon asked finishing the last of his sandwich obnoxiously smacking his lips making my ears ring.

"He was right here."

"Let's go check upstairs, he might've crept back when you were coming to us."

Everyone scurried their way upstairs but before they could reach the fourth floor a group of henchmen stood at the foot of the last step.

"We need to see Magnus," Izzy spoke with a fierceness, but it wasn't enough.

"Magnus refuses to see you."

"What?" Clary gasped unable to understand. I wondered if the orange highlights had chemicals that messed with her cerebral function. The man spoke loud and clear.

"Magnus. Bane. Doesn't. Want. To. See. You," another man spoke this time moving his hands in a mocking motion.

"Fuck you!" Jace growled defending Clary making me roll my eyes absolutely detested.

The henchmen growled back putting himself in a fighting position.

"No, no, no, no fighting today, I have swimming classes tomorrow and if my mom sees bruises on me she's make me explain, and explaining to my overbearing widowed Jewish mother that I was in the Warlock house with the Lightwoods...not that there's anything wrong with the Lightwoods...or the Warlocks...well-"

The henchmen looked at each other before all simultaneously agreeing to back away. I wished that I could follow them if it meant I could get away from Simon's run on sentencing.

"Wait—" I began, but they were gone and I knew there was no use.

"Great, you lost him," Clary huffed under her breath at me. When she looked up and saw that I'd heard her, I could almost smell the fear on her. She looked like she'd just about swallowed her tongue. Who the fuck did she think she was? I barely tolerated her but I broke 13 of my rules alone to help her. She was an ungrateful swine with ten chips on her shoulder.

"Excuse me?" I just about spat towering over her.

"I—l..." she took a deep breath gaining her confidence. I could see Jace and Izzy wincing I'm the corner of my eye for her sake. The should've stopped her, "he was the only way to find my Mom!
And you couldn't just bring him downstairs?"

"Yeah," I walked past her making sure our shoulders clashed. "Go find him your own bloody self, you ungrateful piece of—"

"Alec!" Jace warned.

I rose my eyebrows at him, he already had a strike, he was seriously egging to add another one. "If you're waiting for me to apologize, I hope you brought something to eat, 'cause it's gonna be a really long time."