rule iii/ your priority in college will be football

Alec Lightwood
was captain of the football team.

Alec woke up the next morning and neither Jace nor Izzy dare spoke a word to him. They all lived on campus so it was hard to avoid each other. Since Alec's parents practically owned the prestigious school, the three of them got the floor all to themselves meaning they all got a spacious room that came with a full kitchen, living room, etc.

Everytime Jace would see Alec he'd want to talk to his brother but he knew how angry Alec was. If Jace hadn't convinced Alec to go to the party, Alec would have forbidden Izzy to go and she wouldn't have ever been in that situation where she could have gotten molested. Alec was in no way mad at his sister, but Izzy knew that looking at her reminded him of what could have happened had the music not stop.

This went on for two school days then the weekend before Jace finally had enough of the silent treatment on the way to school. Alec was driving and tapping his doc martens on the car floor trying to ignore Jace's attempts to start a conversation.

"Alec! That's enough!" They were in the school lot and Alec eyes looking to see who was causing a scene. Alec didn't care about the nosy eyes. He'd been waiting almost a week to hear what bullshit Jace was going to pull out of his ass.

Izzy was in the backseat texting Clary trying her hardest not to get involved.

"It wasn't my fault man, how was I suppose to know that creep was going to be there-"

"That's not a fucking excuse man. There's always going to be a creep, there will always be a 'what if'! You were in her vicinity but you were too busy trying to fuck that redhead to watch after my sister!"

Jace flinched when Alec referred to Izzy as his sister.

"I said I was sorry."

"Well. Sorry almost got my sister raped," Alec snapped and they all sat quietly in the car for a moment.

"Alec..."

"I'll see you inside," he said stepping out the car before slamming the door behind him.

Jace watched as Alec stormed away and prepared to chase him and beg him for forgiveness but Izzy held unto his arm. "Let him go Jace, you know how he gets."

Jace sighed but knew she was right. Alec needed to calm down before he'd listen to reason.

And time was what Jace gave Alec for the rest of the day. Meanwhile, Alec had gotten himself into a sticky situation.

****

Class had started late, as usual. Although I enjoyed reading historical non-fiction, the class in its self was particularly uneventful. It was the most boring part of my day. Class starts ten minutes late since my professor was always held up for personal reasons that I couldn't care less about.

The class was focused on the lesson that I'd already learned. The French Revolution. It seemed that we learn the same topics over and over again. Half the class must've learned the same topic in high school but they must've not remembered any of it since they were all vigorously taking notes while I found myself pulling out a novel to indulge in to pass the time. I reached into my black skinny jeans for a pen to annotate my book. I found that it helped me further understand the book.

I read the adventures of Tyler Durdan in Fight Club for about half an hour when I heard the door opened. A girl with pretty and long kinky black hair nervously walked into the classroom looking back at someone behind her. I recognized her from last year. She and my sister had been partners on a project, she was rather sweet. Her name was Bell or something along those lines. She came to our dorm and I'd find myself hanging out with her once in a while whenever she was around Izzy although I didn't fair nice with other kid much. I at times came off...mean.