Prologue

Prologue
[1940]

"you cant do this to me? i am not marrying anyone." arnav's  voice might have scared someone who had  heart but arvind singh raizada  had everything but that. he knew one thing that this marriage will happen and will happen to the girl of his choice.

Arvind singh raizada  was the head of village , he was the biggest landlord who was considered nothing less than a god by people of this village and surrounding ones. he has given his words to shashi gupta that her  youngest daughter will be  their daughter in law and he always keeps his words.

"stop making a fuss! get ready . barat is leaving in half an hour" arvind word's were firm and final. like grandfather  like grandson. both firm in their resolution and strong at their perspective  but hardly it matched .
"if he did not want to marry .we should not force him"devyani  tried again to satiate her husband .she wanted them to find a middle ground but looks like both are undeterred on their resolve .

"i am just 18 for god sakes!" arnav ran a frustrated hand through his hairs. his fist clenched and his breath coming in slow deep shakes  vibrating his body in anger .
"he is right. we can get the girl married to shyam.he is also a raizada heir" devyani herself hated to have suggest that name  but she can not stop herself from seizing this opportunity . arnav did not want to marry  and shyam needed a  new bride who can give him a heir. its the call of the moment .

*slap*

ah!

arnav who was looking outside the window , trying to fade the buzz of dancing and enjoying guest  felt his body go numb and he turned  immediately to look at the source of sound.

his grandmother lay there on floor  ,tears flowing her face , her hand clutched to her cheeks while his grandfather stood  with angry filled eyes.

"how many time i have told you to don't interfere in my matters. you are women understand that!"
"now you!   take off this suit and wear the sherwani . either we will bring a bride to this home or dead bodies of  brides of this house will  go to their homes." arvind  gave his last warning leaving no choice to arnav .

'marriage or death of ladies of this house' his grandfather had never played fair no one does. power comes to those who are deserve and it stays with those who knows how to manipulate it .
=====================================================================
"is khushi ready ?" shashi asked his wife who has been trying to get khushi  ready for past three hours. her daughter wont sit straight . she will start crying , throwing things here and there or sometimes ran away to play with her friends. why cant she understand  its her wedding and she is the bride. finally after scolding her  and making her understand with a promise to bring her the beautiful doll from the besakhi mela this year ,she  got ready in her red lengha choli .
"yes she is finally" garima pointed towards her 13 year old  daughter  who was eating smaosa and jalebis  as if she have never seen them before looking like a cute doll herself.
"i am feeling very scared   khushi ke papa!. he is very influential man  what if he dont agree. what if everyone came to  know . we would lose  our respect in front of all are relatives"  garima said holding her tears back.

"nothing will happen .  we are equals garima and he is my friend afterall . he will understand . i am sure he will support my decision. " shashi  patted garima's back as  sign to tell her to be calm and went out to receive the guest .

==============================================================

I have posted this story on IF and it's even available  on my blog.  So all those who finds its hard to navigate  on blog I am posting this story here. So it's easily accessible  to all.