Part 1 FATE

"fate has a wicked way of turning the wheels of your life ,put you into a situation you never thought was possible"

arnav got out of the motor car as they reached the place where he will lose his freedom . his dreams . this day will be the beginning of his doom , he will be stuck here like  all  the man  he knew are. his grandfather clearly knew that right now he wanted concentrate on his studies , he wanted be a engineer , wanted to create things but no his grandfather is hell bent on making him plough fields  or look after the labourer's on the farm , give him a fucking heir.

arnav ran a frustrated hand through his hairs ,to ease of the thoughts  that are running in his mind but nothing is working , anger inside him is building up. if  not for the women of his family he would have ran away , he should have ran away just like he planned earlier but he thought maybe his grandfather would listen to him , he wont force him but how wrong he has been.

fine then! its time to change the plans. his grandfather is  making him marry just because his brother and his wife aren't able to give an heir even after five years of their marriage good then !  he wants an heir he will give him a bloody heir .

bed the girl , get her pregnant , put the boy in his grandfather's  hand and get your freedom .  his responsibilities will be over towards his family and he  will be free to do as he wants .

after having  meal , all the rituals  started from their side . he sat on the horse , while all his male relatives danced like there is  no tomorrow  . arnav could just roll his eyes on them .

they entered the  hall where the mandap was set .arnav hated wearing this heavy embroidered sherwani with that this stupid  sword he needed to carry as per the tradition .

arnav sat down in the mandap following instruction of pandit, for few rituals he needed to do alone while  a man recited  the list of dowry items   that bride side is giving the groom.  the list was endless , kilos gold and silver jewelery , clothes, luxury items, 10 acres of land , 10   buffaloes and many more .

shyam sat next to him , teasing him for his newly married life. arnav was clearly not in the mood  to enjoy it.  his  grandfather was missing  somewhere , where is he . he haven't seen him  from the moment they have come here.

feeling the sudden change in environment , he turned his eyes towards the door where sound of bridal songs were coming .so the bride is here finally , let this get over with.

everyone looked as the bride entered wearing red lehanga and veil that covered her face fully . she was walking in slow steps . arnav went numb in shock as  he saw the girl coming towards where he sat . it cant be! no ! his grandfather would never or would he?

"great! my  grandfather is getting married me to a dwarf." arnav could not stop himself from letting his anger come out like this . he knew he was quite loud and people are now talking about his  reaction but he didn't care . how could his grandfather do that do him .its a matter of his whole life.

"its not a dwarf you idiot! its  small girl . she will grow with time" his grandfather's word made him look at him with confusion .

"you said the girl was just one year younger than me and quite educated if i remember. how can she be this small in height then"  arnav whispered these words cautiously. he knew better to aggregative his  grandfather who was looking quite disturbed already  .

"bring you left hand forward" he said

"what?" arnav looked confused , his grandfather pushed his hand forward towards the pandit who put the bride's  hand in his, making him realize that now the girl is siting beside him and rituals  started . arnav kept on looking back at his grandfather for him to stop this wedding but he never did. his stern expression told arnav something is wrong . but wasn't  his biggest worry was to make me agree to this marriage so whats worrying him now.