22. A NEW BEGINNING

Chapter 22  

Khushi sulked again and looked at arnav who was walking alonside her. Her happiness was such short lived that, it went away in a blink.she kept on walking as slowly as possible  but arnav would give a her one angry look and she fastens her pace to match him. She adjusted the scarf on her head, pouting sadly at arnav, who didn't spare a glance to her antics.she huffed and puffed along the way and stopped the moment they reached their destination. She took a deep, sad sigh, contemplating  if she should  run in opposite  direction before he can even register what has happened. Before she can put her plan into action, arnav voice stopped her.

“don't even think about it.”

“What??” she said innocently looking at her feet, how did he knew what she was planning.

“Stop sulking now.” he said, lightly touching her head.

“why should I stop. Who in their right minds would send their wife to study just two days after they shifted to a new place.” she complaint innocently pouting her lips.

“are you calling me mad?” arnav asked faking a hurt expression on his face.

“No no…  I didn't mean that.” khushi tried to make better of situation.

“ What once said is said, it can't be taken back.” arnav said still a hurtful expression  on his face.  

Khushi looked at the ground, disappointment with herself to have hurt her husband.

Soon arnav’s laughter resonated in her ears,making her look at him shocked. He was teasing her, how dare he? She was so serious here and he is making  fun of her.  She punched his arms with her fist, making him laugh more and more at her small attacks.

“OK enough! It's time for your classes.if you face any problem, find Sarita Mam,  she will help you OK! Study well.”  arnav said walking towards the left to the bus station while khushi just nodded smiling lightly. His stupid teasing made her feel more light now, previous nervousness completely gone.

She  end up making a new friend the first day itself. She found it hard to catch up with studies due to months break, but she was adamant that she will learn it all fast.

---------

Arnav filed form for re-examination of two examination that he was not  able to attend. His re-exam will occur next months and he need to prepare it well this time. It's going to be really tough for him because, it was sowing season this month, he will have to plight fields and sow the seeds in time to get enough time to prepare  for exams later. If he clear his exam next month, he will able to join the new classes this year itself in college. He is excited and scared at the same time, will he be able to handle this pressure.

Coming back he brought  all the groceries,and started cooking lunch.living alone has taught him a lot and cooking is one of the things he have come to learn. Kala massi and her daughter in law had cooked food for them previous two days and even helped cleaning the house. He didn't wanted to burden them anymore. They have already helped them enough.

Khushi soon came back from school, jumping like an excited monkey, who could say she is 14 ½ years old, she still acted like a six year old kid. She started  speaking eveyerything  that happened at her school without a break while eating lunch. Gloomy khushi of today’s morning was replaced by excited khushi.  

While khushi completed her homework,  arnav cleared the filed of unwanted grass and leveled the land. Soon night came and after having dinner in moonlight, they decided to retire to bed. Arnav made two different beds, making khushi look at him questioningly.