21.Hope

Chapter 21

HOPE

Next two weeks has been one of the hardest for arnav and khushi.arnav has tried again to find a job with no luck. He even thought he will do the job full time, he put his dream at edge, because he knew what they need now was food and shelter before anything else. He did get to do a few small job here and there, which earned him bearly enough money to keep their bellies filled once a day.

Vivek and his roommate has tried offering money to help him. Even his landlady has been generous to provide him and khushi with little help she can. Khushi slept in her house in one of her daughters room. Khushi sleeping in his one room, that he shared with other man would have result in outburst in society. Though his roommate has offered to sleep outside the room, so that khushi and him spend time together. He still remembers Vivek’s words very clearly and how appalling they have felt.

“spend a night with her, it will ease your worry. Trust me if I was in your place I would not have spend a night apart from her”

He knew what he meant to say, spend the night. God! Why can't they see that she was still a kid, a 14 year old kid. Last thing she needs is become commodity to someone’s lust.

“she is a kid. ” he had said the exact thought he felt, like it will make other people understand his point of view, if only.

“she is your wife.” Vivek had said , looking at him with confused look.

“my mother had me when she was just thirteen and half.” Vivek explained further , trying to explain arnav that it was normal, in their society.

Arnav had looked at him with steel gaze, making his intentions quite clear.he don't need others meddling in his life.

Their life come to its turning point when arnav saw his maternal aunt come , tagging along a very etestic khushi who has gone to buy vegetables with their landlady.

Arnav greeted her and the moment his aunt put his hand on his hand to shower him with blessing, he broke down. He was done playing man of the house shouldering so many responsibilities , in that he wanted to just be a child, just a nineteen year old teenager who want to cry in his aunt lap. He cried his heart out, he cried for his mother, his father, his brother, his family, he cried for khushi, he cried for his failures to provide her with everything she deserves. His aunt kept on stroking her warm hand on his back and his hairs, to Calm down. She herself could not hold her tears back, seeing her nephew in such condition.

Khushi too has come forward and stoked his hairs and tell him that it's will be Alright, that he should not cry, on her sweet voice. She soon enough has moved back in horror, on understanding she will be frowned upon by the society to touch her husband in public like that. Her scared eyes has meet his aunt’s who has just smiled at her innocence. Khushi took a sigh of relief , knowing she won't be punished for her stupidity, though that fear still loomed over her.

His aunt has brought a lot of sweets and food for them, arnav has refused to accept, due to his male ego but the moment his aunt twisted his ears, he has agreed immediately which has made khushi chuckled at his behavior , while he looked at her with steel gaze for laughing on him, in response she has teased him dangling her tongue to him. He turned to her aunt having a amused smile on his lips. After a really long time he was feeling at peace.

After having their dinner, his aunt asked him about his reason to run away, why don't he go back home. She listened to his reasons understanding his stance. She knew she can't change his mind but can certainly help him live more safer.

“your mother is really worried , she don't know where you are, how you are . she nor any other member of your family is allowed to find you or khushi. So, Your mother requested me to find you and make sure you are OK.” his aunt has said, emotions flooding in her eyes remembering his sister’s condition.

“i have to make Ramesh, drill aman to a very large extend to find about your whereabouts, he is a really good friend of yours.” his aunt said whipping her tears.

“i am glad you are here” arnav said feeling emotional. A human can never live alone, he always need presence of his loved ones that keep on make him feel strong.

“you remember Kala mausi?” she asked, stroking his hears lovingly as he nodded his head in affirmation.

“who is she?” khushi asked innocently, she was sitting on the edge of the bed, though arnav told her again and again to sit properly, lest she fell, she had remained afixed there, as far as possible from arnav, she don't want break another rule.

“she lives in Faridabad, in a small village that is most nearest to Delhi, where arnav’s college is.” his aunt explained, making khushi beam in happiness at knowing about his college.

“remember her husband used to handles three Acres of our land there, along with their own.” arnav nodded again.

“i have talked to her, when she has come to meet us few days back. She said she will be really lucky to provide you and khushi with a home and give back ownership of land to you.” his aunt said, making arnav got up from bed, where he was lying keeping his head on his aunt’s lap. He looked at his aunt shocked, trying to comprehend what she was saying.

“you mean..” he started but got cut off midway by his aunt.

“i mean that you can give your wife a house and grow your own crops on your land and also follow your dream to study further. I know it will really hard, but I trust you my son.i know you will take care of everything” his aunt said cupping his face in her palms and looking at him lovingly.

Arnav Hugged her tight, trying to control the emotion inside him. Why hasn't he think of that before. It was his lands, his home, his mother's home there. He can now keep khushi safe in his house and provide her with everything she deserves.

“so, is that mean we will be going to a new home” khushi said after her mind finally comprehended the whole situation. She was so happy, her happiness was more to see arnav so relax for the first time after so long, like a big weight has being lifted off his shoulders.

Arnav nodded his head at her question, whipping the line tear that flow from his eyes. Her whole face glowed with happiness and she clapped her hand in glee.

“we will finally have a home” she said looking at him with so much happiness.

Arnav pulled her closer for hug, khushi eyes flew open at what he just did and tried to get out of his hold, her cheeks red with embarrassment. While arnav’s aunt laughed seeing her expression.