11.Runagate continues

Khushi smiled as she drank her special glass of milk just like every night from past few weeks. She was happy that even though her sister in law hates her for reason she can't understand but her mother in law’s love has increased tenfolds  for her during this time. She smiled her best smile at her mother in law and passed her the empty glass back after thanking her. She made her way to her room  jumping in her steps. She has noticed the palpable   tension between the siblings .

Even shyam seemed angry at anjali though he never  show his anger as openly as arnav does. Why they are so angry on their own sister is beyond khushi’s little brain.  As coming to all the other members of the family they all adore and love anjali   so much so that no one stops her from behave like queen while all of other’s especially khushi and pooja bhabhi as her servants. Khushi understand now that she is carrying a baby in her tommy now not baby but a son another son that will increase her stature more in their family as pooja bhabhi has told her. Khushi can't understand how a family who have been killing innocent baby girls can love anjali a girl like this maybe because she gave birth to all boys .one more question that is running in her mind is , isn't having all boys is little boring .

Before she can complete her thoughts her feets hit the  table in her bedroom making her jump and scream in pain. She sat down clutching her toe muttering devi maiya's name.

‘How many times i have told you to walk carefully .watch where you go khushi’

Arnav examined her feet  which has gone blue in pain and drops of blood leaving the side of her toe. It is not a big injury but still is big enough to make a small girl like khushi cry in pain. He looked at her with concern and patted her head to stop her from crying. He went out of the room to bring haldi[turmeric] and mustard oil to massage her feet with while khushi sat there clutching her feet in her hand sobbing.

‘Here let me put some haldi on your toe and massage some oil on your feet. Than take a little rest and you will be fine. ok’  arnav said in soft voice trying to reassure her that everything will be ok.  She tried to stop arnav from putting turmeric   on her feet as she knew it will pain her. Seeing her resisting , he tried to distract her.

‘So khushi where were you coming from so late in the night? Huh?’  he asked in a firm voice making khushi gulp and answer him without a delay. He has been good to her but she is now learning to be good wife as pooja bhabhi is teaching her to be. That includes to answer her husband questions promptly and never question him in return.

‘Wo.. i was drinking my special glass of milk’

‘Special glass of milk? What is in it that makes it so special.  why are you having it all alone and not sharing it with me.’ arnav asked her in a fake hurt tone while massaging her feet with oil. She has stopped crying and was now fully engaged in their conversion.

‘I don't know? But mother in law makes it for me only. She says this will make me strong and smarter’ she answered in her innocent voice.

‘Aww! So now mother and daughter are sharing special drinks that make you smart. What about me? Don't i deserve that special smart milk or do you think that now special milk can make  my tiny brain big?’  arnav teased .

‘Haa… no.. you don't have a tiny brain.’ she chuckled.

‘How do you know that my brain is not tiny?’

‘Because look how big and tall you are. Your head is also so big’      she extended her hands to gesture how big he is making arnav laugh at her sweet antics.

‘But if you want . i will bring you the special milk tomorrow.promise’ she added.

‘Hmm i also want another thing?’