19. finally found you

There is nothing more depressing than losing your last hope. It's like your last oasis turn into just a mirage. Khushi layer of her bed crying. How could he just leave her like that, he didn't even wait till she came to her. First he treat her like that, gets angry on her, now he can't even try harder to reach her. Myhra and zubia tried to cheer khushi up, not understanding why she was so sad to not meet her evil husband.

Khushi kept on crying, she was alone again. Why her husband don't want her.What she will do. No matter how good people here are but still she feels so alone .she felt so angry, if only he was here in front her right now, she would slap him left, right and Center. She hit her hands and legs on the mattress in frustration, crying. Why her life has to be so complicated, her friends are also married at same age as her, now living their life so happily with their husband.but in past year her whole has turned in constant chaos.

“khushi! Why are so sad and angry. You should be happy that now you are safe from your evil husband.”myhra said looking at her with sad eyes.

“khushi remember what Janat begam says we don't have to be depended on man for anything. They will keep on hurting us,till we get them power to hurt us.forget him” myhra continued while khushi took deep breath, controlling her tears and stared at calling above her.

“sleep khushi. Everything will be all right.” myhra sequenced her hand in assurance and slept on her bed.

Myhra didi is right khushi, forget him. He always makes you cry, he don't want you. He always runs away.she thought.

.

.

.

Arnav never thought that someone's absence can make you more weaker than you already are, make your soul empty of whatever life you have within.

But he will not stop trying. He is a better man and khushi deserves more and he won't just give up like this. She is the only human connection that he have now. Somehow she has become his reason to love and try harder and don't lost hope.

Arnav waited till it gets dark.he will go inside in dead of night and bring khushi out of there. His heart sinking with every passing second. He just wished they have not hurt khushi. All that matters is he know where khushi is and he has said amhed to keep guard so that, they know if they try to take khushi away from there.

.

..

She heard someone crash hard on ground and hissing in pain, so she got up suddenly.she looked around all the girls were sleeping,but from where does the sound was coming. She felt more terrified as she heard low footsteps of someone walking in the garden. Who can that be? she thought. Reciting ‘hanuman chalisa’ a few times, khushi laid on her bed, trying to sleep again.

“There is no one khushi, it's just the wind, don't worry sleep. Everything is OK. There is no ghost.” she whisper to herself , trying to calm her tighten heart. She closed her eyes tight in fear

Khushi felt so afraid and ghost stories that she listen to was doing more harm to her scared heart.

---------------

Meanwhile arnav borrowed ladder from nearby house and a rope, he also brought knife for protection. He won't give up on khushi. He can't even bear the though of her hurting and away from him. She is his responsibility,his friend, his last human connection to who he is, his hope.

As it got past 12, arnav put the ladder near the high walls of veranda of the house and claimed while Ahmed waited guard down. Than arnav jumped on the other side, making his leg hurt from the pressure and striking with a rock.

Arnav moved with slow steps towards the main door, but it was locked from inside. He moved around the house and tried opening a few windows, which were also bolted. He sighed in frustration and moved towards the back of the house where he found a broken window and pulled it with a little more pressure, breaking it open. He jumped inside, only to be startled by loud scream of the same small girl he meet today afternoon.

Shit! He thought. He tried to stop her but she ran while screaming.

"Myhra Abbi! Jannat khala! Ghost! Save me"

Soon after arnav found himself admit 15 females of various ages some sacred, some ready to pounce on him any second. His hand automatically went to knife in his pocket. He don't won't fight or hurt any women but he needs to cautious and need to take khushi safely away from here.

A women in her late 50s came forward with a knife in her hand as she looked at him seriously.

"who are you? Who send you? What are you doing here?" Jannat begam looked at him angrily.

Arnav looked at her with same anger,before he say anything, khushi's voice stopped him.

"arnav!" she said in shock and immediately closed her mouth, what a blunder she has done calling her husband by his name.

Jannat begam looked at him.so he is khushi's husband she thought.

"khushi, let's go from here. Come on!" arnav said bringing one hand forward for her to take.

"she is not going anywhere with you" Jannat begam said.

Myhra also said "yes! She will stay with us forever".

Everyone looked at him angrily, barun looked at khushi, who was stunned and angry.

"let khushi decide that. Khushi come with me" arnav said.

Everyone looked at khushi, khushi walked towards arnav.

"what do you think of yourself!" khushi yelled at him, arnav looked at her shocked.

"your such a devil. What do you think of yourself. I am not your toy, you can't throw me whenever you like and take me when you like." khushi said still moving forward towards arnav.

"khushi.. I " arnav was stopped midway as khushi slapped him hard.

Everyone was so shocked to see women slapping a man. What shocked more was him not fighting back.

Khushi slapped him on chest, arms continuously whole tears keep on coming from her eyes. She kept on complaining to him and sobbing too.

Arnav kept on apologizing, he fell to his knees as khushi kept on hitting on his back with his tiny hands.

"you always leave me. You didn't come, I kept on waiting for you at the bus stand. You left me" she scremed and sobbed.

"I did came back, I even bought you Jalebi. But you were not there. I tried searching you everywhere,i could even sleep thinking how you must be." arnav said bearing each one of her slap.

"I am sorry khushi. I know, I am not good enough for you but please don't leave me like that., don't run away, it makes me so worried" arnav continued.

"now you understand how it feels when someone run away, making you feel you don't matter that they hate you " khushi said clutching his collars in her hand.

" I won't go with you. I am fine here. Go away arnav go away" khushi screamed.