Chapter Five - School's Play

*Nikki's POV*

Drama Club is on every Monday and Thursday. 3:00 to 5:30. So after school today, Tiffany, Alice and I went to the  theater.

When we reached, the boys is already there, sitting in the front row. They looked pissed. There is about ten student in the theater.

"Okay, everyone gather here." Someone called from the stage. We all walk up. "As you guys know, every year we have a performance done by the Theater group. This year, the group is small and will offered help from the school's band, dance and choir club. This year will be LIT!" The guy talking suddenly shout, saying the word "LIT" loudly.

I can see Karry rolling his eyes, crossed arms while Roy and Jackson yawned. "This year the School's play will be..." he took out a spinning wheel dramatically and spins. It landed on... Rapunzel. Rapunzel it is!" he yelled.

"So we have three months to prepared. September to November ." Tiffany whispered.

Mr Sim said the punishment will last for three months. So we can quit the drama club after that. That means... we will need to participate in the play...

The dramatic guy look around, his eyes landed on me and Tiffany.

"You two! Yes. With her generous hair and freakles she can be Rapunzel! And with your dark features, you can be the witch!" I open my mouth to protested. Me Gothel?! Tiffany and I exchanged a glance.

Jackson immediately volunteered to be Flynn. While Alice and Roy volunteered to be the MC and Narrators of the story.

Karry sulks at the corner, probably dramatic guy saw how tall Karry is and joke, "Oh, we need a white horse! Karry here---"

"I'm not gonna do it!" He yelled.

"I'm just kidding. You don't need to yell." Dramatic guy laughed.

Karry helped the back stage as Dramatic guy hand us the scripts for the play.

“Frist, the healing song will be play by the band..." Dramatic guy begin.

"Then when will my life begin. It will be a solo." Tiffany exclaim.

"Follow by mother knows best. My solo." I  read.

"Then I have a dream with the choir and dance." Alice carefully pronounce the words.

"After that, rapunzel's solo before I see the lights. Hui Wen and my solo..." Jackson said looking at Tiffany.

"Followed by the kingdom dance by the dance crew, the two main characters and us!" Roy said hitting Alice with his arms excitedly.

"Last but not least, Rupunzel knows best, Wei Yun's solo and played by the band." Karry returned carrying a box of decorations.

"It's a three hour play!" Dramatic guy said. "So there will be a break in between, but what we need right now is practice!" he says tapping on his watch impatiently.

"Wen Xin and Roy read your lines with each other! We need the beginning and ending to be perfect!" "Rapunzel! Here's your pet Chameleon!" "Flynn! Where's the white horse?!" "Nikki! Act as scary as you can!" Dramatic guy rush us.

Suddenly, he paused.

"Ermmm... guys. Do you guess know how to sing?" he ask looking at Tiffany, Jackson and Me.

"Of course or I won't volunteer myself." Jackson said glancing at us both. "I can sing pretty well too." Tiffany smirk at Jackson. I nodded.

"Okay! Let's go to the studio to record the song frist!" Dramatic guy smile. He look so energetic. "Karry, come with me." he tell us to follow him.

" he tell us to follow him

Twenty-five minutes later...
*Karry's POV*

"Wow. She's amazing." I whispered. Hui Wen and Wei Yun was singing smoothly.

There isn't any mistake I can spot... It sounds so angelic. Especially her. I look at Wei Yun. Her voice is music to my ears.

Qian Xi did not bad himself. He kept glancing at
Hui Wen.

I guess he must be shock that she can sing so beautifully. Even Lui Bing thinks so. He have been smiling alone for a while.

When they're done with all their songs,  we went back to the Theater. Wen Xin and  Wang Yuan ran up to us.

"How's the recording?" Wang Yuan asked.

"You should be there to see it." Qian Xi just say while walking away.

"What?" Wang Yuan asked curiously.

"They are good." I mumbled softly.

"Really?! That means Wen Xin is their friend too so she can also sing?" Wang Yuan asked turning around to face the girls.

Hui Wen and Wei Yun were tickling eachother while Wen Xin Stands there, shaking her head at her friends behavior.

Suddenly, I think back to Stars, the girl group from korea. When we meet them at the recording studio, they sounded just like those girls...