Chapter Fourteen - Show must go on

*Karry's POV*

After the police have taken the troublemakers away, we started to relax.

"Whew! Now we can go home and sleep!" Wang Yuan give a sigh of relieve as he stretch his hand out.

"Yeah, let's go home." Alice yawn as she grab my hand and drag me along.

"Wait! Guys... are you forgetting something?" Tiffany asked as we turn around and answer in union, "What!?"

Qian Xi seems to get her as his reaction suddenly change to panic. "Oh-Uh... The play!"

We look at each, other wide eyes. The play! We almost forget about it. It's all Jia Hao and his purple minion fault!

We started running back to the station and brought the train back...

.
.
.

We arrived, breathless as Lui Bing appear up to us the back stage.

"Where were you guys? Do you know you all are late? Go change immediately!"

Wow. He nag more than my mom! I look at my watch. 7.20. 10 minutes before the show starts.

Since I was not the one going on stage, I can relax a little. I prepare at the back stage, ready to move the props onto the stage.

Something has been bothering me about Nikki. I got to ask her later.

*Nikki's POV*

The play began with the mcs; Alice and Roy talking about Once upon a time. Yada-Yada. Then it's time for me to go on stage to kidnapped the baby princess a.k.a a doll also fake baby Tiffany. Yada-Yada. My favorite part is the song, mother knows best as it was my solo. The worst part is the kingdom dance as everyone is in it except for the evil witch. I kind of feel sorry for myself... I wasn't invited... they were all dancing and having fun. Tiffany were linking arms with Jackson as they dance happily, eyeing each other. Meanwhile, I see Roy wanted to grab Alice hand but she rejected it and clap along with the beat of the music. Roy just whine and started clap in sync with her too. Lol~ they were too funny.

I stay back stage with Karry, but there's silent between us as I don't know that to say to him.

"Ummm... thanks."

"For what?"

"For traveling there to save me."

"Mmm... No problem. But can you... Forgive-"

"No! I thank you for rescuing me but don't think I'll forgive you that easily."

"Please. It's not my fault, she-"

I cut him off, putting my hand on my lips before whispering, "Shhh... Keep your voice down. We'll take later. I'm about to go on stage."

When the song of Jackson and Tiffany song ended, I pull a face at Karry before heading out to the stage.
.
.
.

We bow as the audience clap. I sigh. What a night. I look over my shoulder as I saw Karry backstage clapping and eyeing on me. I glare back at him before the whole school start to sing the school song before ending the night.

*Karry's POV*

The whole school in the theater sing the school song loudly with pride. When the song ended, I was just about to walk up to Roy and Jackson and the girls to congrats them for the job well done, but guess who show up.

Paige.

"Hey Xiao Kai. I need to talk to you."

"We have nothing to talk about."

I glare at her, frustrated.

"Look. I'm sorry for what happen. I don't know that would cause Nikki's life..."

"What do you mean Nikki's life? You better be grateful that she's alive. If any of my friends get harm, I won't ever forgive you."

"I really don't know that Jia Hao will go this far with this..."

"Whatever. She's fine now. But don't you ever try to prank and hurt her again!"

"Does that means you forgive me?"

"Did I say I forgive you? I just don't want to create a big trouble in arguing with you..."

I pause.

I've always asked Nikki to forgive me but she always gives me the same answer : No. I think I understand why she doesn't forgive me easily like I can't forgive Paige this easily. We're the same. We got to earn back the trust that we thrown away from that person. It's really hard to forgive someone that had did something bad to you.

I came to my senses as I understands her point. I started running backstage where the others cast and crew were gathered, taking photos to remember the musical night.

I look around frantically hoping to find Nikki but she's no where to be seen. I spotted Qian Xi and Tiffany, taking a selfie together with Tiffany's phone. The were smiling happily for the photo with their Rapunzel and Finn costume. I got to admit... They kinda look cute together. As I run up to them, I bump into Lui Bing.

"Nikki? I think she's over by the cafeteria enjoying the buffet with Roy and Wen Xin."

I rush to the Cafeteria and spotted Alice and Wang Yuan over at the line, queueing for food. Wang Yuan kept on disturbing Alice and started playing with her hair as she brush him off and glare angrily at him. I can't help but feel sorry for Alice. Sometimes Wang Yuan could be annoying... But then again they're so funny together.

"Hey, have you seen Nikki?" I whispered.

"No." They answer in union.

"Wait... Don't tell me you drive her mad again?" Wang Yuan exclaimed looking alarm.

"Why you..." Alice began, cracking her knuckles, ready to punch.

"No... Well not really. I just speak to Paige just a little bit... And she disappeared before I could talk to her."

"You think I'm going to believe that!?"

"No... But you can... Right?"

"Hai... Alice just give Xiao Kai a break larh... We don't really know girls feeling could be so complicated. When she get jealous because of him talk to Paige... But it is also your problem you know -" Wang Yuan started to rap quickly.

"Hey guys, Nikki says she's already on her way home..." Tiffany says as she and Qian Xi join the group.

"What?! She's already on her way home? It's just 10 plus." Wang Yuan mumbled, looking at the clock on his phone.

"I think we should go home too." Alice said calmly, grabbing some food from the buffet and putting it in container and seal bags. "I'll bring some food for her since she haven't eaten since the afternoon. She must be starving."

As they turn to leave, I shout back, telling them to take good care of Nikki and fed her, also call me when she has calm down.