Chapter Twelve - Kidnap

*Nikki's POV*

I woke up like this. Bad hair day, puffy eyes and damp bedsheet.

I cry a river last night. The girls tries to cheer me up by helping me with my homework, treating me to the nicest restaurant in town and karaoke but nothing work. Okay, maybe it did work for a while but once I get in my room I started crying again.

I don't feel like going to school today. It's friday, after that is the weekends. Usually I'm happy but today is diffrent. Our play is on Tomorrow night and today we have after school practice again. Yesterday I saw something I shouldn't have seen and it makes me emo af.

I get out of bed and drag myself to the kitchen. I saw Alice already in school uniform eating breakfast while Tiffany is still in her PJs making breakfast. She notice me and smile. "Hey Nikki, I'll make your breakfast. Just sit down and relax."

Has she wake up from the wrong side of her bed?! She has never make anyone food before. I glance at Alice with my mouth open shock. Alice just shrug her shoulders and slowly carry her plate of bacon and eggs to the living room. I guess Alice thought that I'll eat her share...

At school, I walk to my table and glance around. The class is noisy as usual and the girls are fangirling on Roy, Karry and Jackson.

Karry walk in, and sat beside me without saying a word, me too, stay quite when class start, focusing on taking notes and listening.

The bell to recess rang and class ended. I pack my books silently as I can feel Karry turn around. "Nikki, I got something to tell you... I-"

Just then, a dozen girls surrounded our table, all screaming and squealing at Karry. What are the other class girls doing here?! I struggle to walk out of the crowd.

"Why do the get to be polular and we don't?" Tiffany frown crossed arms. "Let's go. At least we know that the won't be fighting for food with us." Alice whispered turning towards the door.

I follows her, but turn back one last time to look at Jun Kai. He is still surrounded by girls and give me those sad eyes.

After school, I have other thing to do and tell the girls I'll be at the library. Drama club start at three, and I've still have one and a half hour before it starts.

I open my books and was ready to study when I heard a books fells from the bookself behind me I glace back quickly. The library is totally empty as the student all went home as it's a friday afternoon. The teacher in charge there has gone out and only left me inside. I decided to go investigate. I slowly and steadily walk over, there's no one there. I silently pick up the book and place them back as I give a sigh of relieve. Maybe it's just the wind...

Out of a sudden, I heard walking behind me and turn. I feel a hit on my head and before I know it, I black out.

Two hours later...
*Karry's POV*

"Have you seen Wei Yun?" I heard Tiffany asked around, anxiously.

"What happen?" I walk over and ask.

"Nikki's missing." Tiffany whisper. Although she's whispering it comes out loud and clear. I gasp.

"I heard from Gin that she's last seen at the library..." Alice ran up to us, when she saw me she trails off, glaring at me.

I ran as fast as I can to the library. I kick the door open to see Mrs Lin, the teacher in charge jump and stare at us shockingly.

I search around frantically, from level one to level two but still no sign of Nikki. I ran up to the counter and shouted. "Mrs Lin, have you seen Wei Yun?!"

She frown and raise her eyebrows. "Mind you manners, karry and no, I have not seen your friend." she pause and think before replying. "But I asked her to take care of the library for me when I'm gone and when I came back she's nowhere to be seen. A pile of books have collapse, I have to pick them up and put it back."

"Where's that fallen books?" I asked, curiously. "Over there." she says pointing to a far end. "At the Literature section."

I call over the girls. "Miss Lin says that Nikki is last seen here."

"Really? She couldn't just disappear. She's no magician." Tiffany sob.

"Let's search around here. Maybe there's a clue or something." Alice said, looking around.

"Hey, you think you are Sherlock? You're not going to find any-"

"Found it." Alice whispered, holding up a light blue key chain.

"Hey! That's Nikki's Unicorn key chain! She wouldn't go anywhere without it." Tiffany notice it, ran over and snatch the key chain.

I recognise it. That's the Key chain I give to Nikki years ago! When she give me Flower the bunny, I exchange it with that unicorn Key chain. I don't know that she still have it... after all this years she still cherish it. She cherish our friendship...

I smile sadly. And I got to go and broken her heart like that.

"Hmmm... and I found a note..." Alice frown as she pick up a yellow piece of paper.

We crowded around it.

Bright wood mansion. Unside road. 123456.

"What's that?" Tiffany asked.

"It's like an address or something." Alice said slowly.

I took out my phone. "Bright wood manion..." I type in the word in goggle search. "Located at some part of china..."

"Okay, let's go there." Alice interrupt.

"Why are we going there?" Tiffany and I asked in unison.

Alice look at us like we're crazy. "Because it's clearly a kidnapping."

I open my eyes wide. "What?!"

Alice roll her eyes. "Messy books. Key chain. And that note. You think it's all a coincidence?"

"Ohhh..." I'm starting to realize.

"So when are we leaving?" Tiffany asked walking towards the door.

"We can't go now. Bight wood is further then we thought. We must get there by train. But it's five now and there's no trains today. We'll go tomorrow early morning." I said checking my phones for directions.

"Okay... wish that Nikki is fine." Tiffany groans as she hugged Alice.

"I got a feeling that it will be a night thing... but pack your bag light." Alice said, comforting Tiffany.

I nodded. Who ever touches Nikki is going to pay.