Chapter 7: Our 'little accident'

Renee’s POV

I woke up in the morning but I was in my room and there was a note on my table : ‘ Morning beautiful. I left after I brought you to your room and tucked you into bed, I hope you had a nice nap. See you in school. ’

My mouth curled into a bright smile, aww, he’s so sweet…wait what? Renee!!! What are you thinking? He’s just being a gentleman, I bet any guy would do that.

I prepared for school and left my house.

---

After all the dreadful lessons I had for the day, finally, it was time to go home. I received a text message.

‘ hey Renee, Alvan here. You wanna go out again? ’

‘ okay, meet you at your class ’

Hmm…I wonder where should we go today…not the library for sure, Alvan would say it would be boring. Why don’t we go over to his place since I’ve never been there…okay, I’ll suggest this to him.

After I saw him, I waved at him while he smiled back. I suggested going over his place and he agreed. He drove us to his house. It wasn’t as big as mine but I guess it was enough for his family to fit in. Little did I know…he wasn’t living with his family…he was living with his friend…

Alvan then introduced me to his friend, Brandon. Brandon look mature and older than us but Alvan said he was the same age as us. He was really friendly and polite. So that was how I met Brandon.

Alvan then invited me to look at his room and I agreed cause I was a little curious about how his room looked like.

---

His room wasn’t as big as mine. He had a bed just enough to fit his body. The walls were painted plain white and had a carpeted floor. There was also a study table that I think he rarely uses cause of all the rubbish strewn all over it. It was neat but dirty. I didn’t really mind cause I was untidy myself which is not really believable. Usually people might think that girls are always neat and tidy but looks like I was an exception.

While I was looking around his room, I didn’t realize that Alvan had closed his room door and he was standing in front of me. Only when he placed his hands on my shoulders, I looked at him in the eye. He pulled me a little closer to him. ‘ Pretty brown eyes, look at me in the eye and tell me the truth. Do you like me? ’ I gulped and stared at his eyes. I realized his eyes were really brown, not those normal brown, it had something in them that made them special.

He stared at me with an expression I’ve never seen before in him. it was those worrying and afraid type of look. I pushed him away and gave him a nervous laugh ‘ Alvan…stop fooling around ’ he stared at me and grabbed my shoulders, only harder this time. ‘ I’m not fooling around, I’m dead serious ’

‘ stop it Alvan! Stop grabbing me, it hurts!’ I tried to struggle out of his grasp but of course, he was too strong for me. Out of rage, I pushed him hard on his chest and he pulled me down to the ground. Making me lay on top of his chest and our lips so close to each other.

‘ Renee, I’m serious. I like you, do you like me? ’ I felt my heart pumping so hard and I could feel Alvan’s heart beating hard too. There was an awkward yet satisfying silence between us. I could tell Alvan liked the silence too. Just both of us, on the ground, lips nearly touching and our eyes had some sort of electricity passing through. Finally Alvan put his arms around my waist and stared at my lips. Oh no…not again…

He closed the gap between our lips, just a little more and I’ll be losing my first kiss.

‘ yo Alvan, my friends are coming over in an hour, you wanna…ohh…was I interrupting something? ’ Brandon came in and smirked a little at our ‘little accident’.

I quickly got up and blushed so much I could feel my cheeks burning. Alvan blushed a little too. We both shook our heads. ‘ I take that as you don’t want to party with us right? ’ Alvan nodded his head. Brandon smirked a little before exiting the room, closing the door behind him.

---

After awhile, I found myself sitting on his bed, close to Alvan. I was playing with my fingers and from the corner of my eye, I could see Alvan staring at me.

I broke the silence.

‘ Alvan, why didn’t you join Brandon and the others? ’

‘ cause I wanna spend time with you ’ he smirked and winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. He’s always so childish and fooling around but he was romantic and cute. I really wanted to tell him my feelings for him too but I decided to wait for awhile longer.