Chapter 17: stay strong

It's now 2 days after Renee died. I still can't accept the fact that she's gone forever. i didn't want to go to school. Her friends must be crying now too, is it Kaiyi and Rachel? I don't know and i don't care. I just want Renee back. I lay in my bed thinking of her and our every moment. I closed my eyes and realised that i had fallen asleep. When i woke up, the sun was bright and blinding. I squinted my eyes and realised that i was supposed to get the blue box that Renee told me about.

I jumped out of my bed and pulled over a white shirt and a pair of jeans. I decided to walk to her house because i think i wasn't at the right state of mind and needed to take a stroll to calm myself down. I walked down to her house and before i knew it, i reached the familiar house. I wanted to knocked on the door but i hesitated for awhile. Is Mrs Tan in the house or has she gone to work? Would it be a right time to come? I didn't know the answers but i didn't care about anything else. I solemnly knocked softly on the door. No one answered, i guess that she wasn't at home.

I decided to come back at night but before i could take another step, the wooden door opened slowly. 'who are you?' i turned back and i saw Mrs Tan. I scanned her from her head to her toes. She looked different. She wasn't the usual strong, independant tall lady. She's changed. Now she looks like a broken down lady. She wore a baggy top and shorts showing her long skinny legs. She reminded me of Renee, her deep brown eyes and her smile. 'hi Mrs Tan. I'm Alvan, the one at the hospital the other time' she widened her eyes and swung open the door and said 'oh, please come in. I guess you want to get something from Renee's room?' i was shocked at how she knew what i came for. I nodded my head. When i stepped into the house, it also looked different, it was more messy than usual. There was finished cup noodles cups, junk food, beer cans and food scattered all over the house. 'i'm sorry this place is so messy. I just can't...' and her eyes suddenly filled with tears and she covered her face. 'it's okay Mrs Tan. I'm sorry, i think i came at the wrong time. My condolences' she wiped away her tears and gave me a smile. She pointed up the stairs and i knew what she was trying to say so i ran up the stairs. 

I stood in front of the familiar door. The room where i slept in for a night. I touched the freezing cold door knob. A chill was sent up my spine, it was the same feeling as when Renee touched me with her cold hands and asked me for help. I turned the door knob and slowly pushed open the door. I scanned the room and stepped into it. I closed the door behind me and i walked to her bed. I sat on it as memories flowed back into my head. After awhile, i realised what my motive was on coming here. I opened her drawers and couldn't find it. Then i saw that one drawer, bigger than the rest. I squatted down and there was a note pasted on the drawer, it says 'please do not open this drawer' i grinned a little at the note and pulled it open. There were many things in there. I rummaged through the heaps of 'rubbish' and i saw a somewhat luminous blue coloured box. I took it up and opened the cover. It was a really big box, i saw many stuff inside. I saw a polaroid printer, i heard her saying this before, it was like a type of printer that can print out polaroids, you connect your phone to the printer and can choose which photos you want to make into a polaroid and print it out. I also saw many polaroids inside, some of the polaroids are pictures of Renee and me while some are just pictures of Renee and some are my pictures but i wasn't looking at the camera, something like a candid just that i didn't know she was even taking my picture. 

I also saw a polaroid in the box with a few unopened films still in their packaging and many letters. I read the first letter:

'28th may 2011

Today i met him, Alvan. I never knew that we would become so close. Last year, i met him because of Rachel since they're from the same class, he didn't know me that time. He was really popular, like all the girls flirt with him and he became a playboy and all these stuff. I admit i did fall in love with him at that time but then he didn't know me and i knew we would never be possible so i gave up on him and moved on. But i never knew we would become close because of Rachel. We had so much fun today. We went to the beach and played so much but i had to go home early so we couldn't stay for long :( i think i'm started to fall in love with him...again. i got to go now, baiii' 

i think she tore the page out from her dairy or something. I read all of the rest of the letters, she said that the polaroid and polaroid printer are for me to capture memories and print them out. The other polaroids are for me to remember her:

'11th november 2011

I'm at the hospital now...i got into an accident. i know i won't be about to make it, it's obvious. Now i'm at laying on the bed and my mum is gonna come later and i'll just ask her to put this note into the blue box. i hope Alvan would be able to read all of these letters. i put polaroids in the box because i want him to remember every single thing we did and i put the polaroid and polaroid printer in so he can capture all the memories he'll have. i hope that after i'm gone, he'll still remember me...Alvan if you are reading this now, i'm probably gone now. What i want you to do is to stay strong even if i'm gone. Move on and stay strong. You can do it without me, i know you can and i love you'

I never knew so many things have happened when i was away. Renee knew she wasn't gonna make it but she stayed strong. I loved that about her...i wanted to thank her for everything. I am gonna stay strong for her sake and not only that. I would take care of Mrs Tan for her and advise her to stay strong...

Author's note: haha, so at least Alvan stayed strong right? :D this is the last chapter of this story, i hope you guys like it :> i'm gonna make a bonus chapter cause i think you guys deserve it ;) 

i'm gonna make an advertisement now:

hey guys :D i have a blog @ swagaliciouslollipops.blogspot.sg  so yea, do check it out and idc if you give hates, if you hate my blog then stop reading, don't go around telling people 'omg this girl's blog is so bad i can't even'  <--- don't do that tyvm, love you guysss :) baiii