Chapter 10: Worst birthday ever

She wore a revealing shirt ( like those V-neck shirt) and denim-shorts that were so short. She had tons of make-up on her, her lipstick colour was bright red in colour, she had blue eyes ( it was actually the coloured contacts that made her eyes blue) and she put on fake eyelashes and mascara. I mean, this is a party, not the bar. She saw me and her eyes sparkled. ‘oh hi Alvan, happy birthday! I’m sorry hon, I didn’t get a present for you. I had to rush here from the airport. I just went to Las Vegas to do some shopping and I totally forgot to buy you a present. Do forgive me? I know you will. You can’t bear to be angry at a perfect girl like me right? ’ she gave me a 'please forgive me' look.

I rolled my eyes at her and I just realized something…I didn’t invite Nicole over. So she’s sort off the party crasher? But I couldn’t just send her home like that. So the only thing I could do is invite her in. The moment she came in, everyone stared at us, some with curious looks and some with looks of hatred and annoyance.

Brandon then rushed over to me and whispered into my ear ‘ dahell Alvan? Why didn’t you tell me that you invited Nicole over? I thought you told me she WASN’T coming? You do know that many people here hate her right? ’ I sighed and whispered with annoyance ‘ Brandon, just to get the facts right here, I DIDN’T invite her over. She’s the party-crasher. But I can’t just tell her to go home, it’s rude ’

Brandon gave me a look, i guess he's trying to say ‘ you? being polite? Are you kidding? ’ I slightly nodded and walked upstairs to see Renee. On the way up, I thought. It was just perfect the way it was, like me and Renee alone upstairs, no one bothering us until Nicole just came crashing in. I went into my room, only to find Renee sitting up on my bed rubbing her eyes. ‘ Pretty brown eyes, you’re awake? How was your sleep? ’ She turned to me and smiled a little before yawning. She’s too cute for her own sake…she nodded and lay back down on my bed.

When I closed the door behind me, I walked towards Renee. Then I heard someone opened the door, I thought it was Brandon but, it was Nicole…why does she have to destroy every perfect moment I have? ‘ Alvan hon, I was wondering if you’d want to have a walk with me at the park? ’ I turned to look at her while Renee looked at her too. Nicole then smirked a little and sashayed towards me and held my hand before pulling me out of the room. 

Renee’s POV

So Alvan also invited Nicole over? I sighed. Maybe Alvan has never even liked me…maybe he’s just treating me as a substitute. Worse, probably Nicole and Alvan are already together. I knew it…but I didn’t listened to myself, I still fell for him…omg, I feel so stupid for trusting him. Maybe it’s better if I left, since Nicole is already with him. I should leave him his present and a note saying I’m leaving and not to look for me in school or whatever.

Then I took a post-it note and wrote what I had to say and stick it on his present and left it on his table. Then I grabbed my bag and walked out of the house without anyone noticing. While walking home, I felt useless and depressed. I didn’t know what to do. I realized it was 10pm and I didn’t want to go home yet. I thought for a while and I instantly knew where to go.

Alvan’s POV

WTF? How can Nicole just drag me out of my room without even asking me? She’s so rude. After closing the door, I sternly told her ‘ Nicole, we need to talk but privately. Let’s go to the park since it’s quieter there. ’ Then she batted her fake eyelashes at me before nodding with a big grin on her face.

---

‘ so Alvan…what do you wanna talk about? ’ she said as we strolled on the pavement of the park. ‘ Nicole, don’t feel stressed or anything but, I know you like me but I don’t feel the same feelings in other words, I don’t like you. I only love Renee and that’s that. I don’t want you to go and take revenge on her or anything. You better don’t hurt her or anything. I like her but she doesn’t like me back but it’s not her fault. Nicole, you can’t force love. I hope you’ll find someone that you love and loves you back. ’

She stared at me with her icy blue eyes and her eyes immediately changed expression. ‘ I knew it. It’s always Renee. She’s always the one keeping us apart. We don’t have to care about her. I know you love me because you care for me. You don’t have to force yourself to like her. She’s not as pretty as me, not as smart as me, not as rich as me and not as popular as me. In fact, she’s just a normal girl in school. She’s not even popular at all. Everyone barely knows her. We can still be together, we’re perfect together! Don’t fight reality. ’ she grabbed both of my hands with hers. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Seriously, why is it so hard to explain to her? She’s so damn stubborn.

How am I gonna make her understand this? I scratched my neck and excused myself. I figured we needed a break from all these problems. I returned back to my room only to find Renee gone. I rushed outside and asked if Kaiyi, Rachel or Charmaine had seen Renee but none of them did. That was when Nicole came back too. She grabbed my arms and pulled me upstairs with two bottles of beer.