Chapter 9: Party-crasher

‘ hey, pretty brown eyes! You made it! ’

‘ of course I did stupid, I said I will come so I will come ’

Before I could say anything, Alvan pulled me into the house. The house was still empty and really quiet. Probably Brandon went out, so this leaves me and Alvan alone again. I sat on the couch and used my phone. I was scrolling through my instagram newsfeed when Alvan snatched my phone away and switched it off.

‘ come with me, I’ll bring you to this place ’

I gave him a confused face while he grabbed my wrist and pulled me upstairs. He brought me to his room and told me to close my eyes, I did and I wanted to peek a little but I rather not otherwise he might be angry. I heard a click sound and he told me to open my eyes. I was shocked at the sight in front of me. The lights were switched off and the curtains were closed and on his huge empty white wall was filled with fluorescent lights. It wrote ‘ pretty brown eyes ’ and a heart shape at the end. I was shocked yet happy at that time. I didn’t know how to react.

‘ ohmigod Alvan ! This is so freakin’ beautiful. But why? Why are you doing all these? Isn’t it a waste of time? ’

‘ it’s never a waste of time. Look on the bright side, I can remember you every night and I have too much time on my hands so it’s alright ’

I gave him a crooked smile and continued staring at the lights.

---

Soon, it was time for the party to start. Everything was in order and clean.

The bell rang and Alvan went to get the door. It was Rachel and a group of her other friends from her class. Soon enough, people came rushing into the house. I just sat on the couch and used my phone while Alvan was entertaining the guests. Kaiyi and Rachel were sitting opposite me chatting about some stuff that I wasn’t interested in. I never thought that I would be bored in this party, what am i gonna do?

Soon it was already 7 in the evening, all the guests have arrived and we blasted the music to maximum volume. We were all party-ing like we’ve never done before. I wasn’t much of a party-er so I just sat on the couch, scrolling through my twitter newsfeed. Charmaine then came to me and pulled me up, she dragged me to the dance floor ( it was actually the living room’s floor but everyone was dancing there so it’s considered as a dance floor I guess? ). She began moving to the beat of the music while I stood there, like a log, rooted to the ground. I wasn’t really comfortable with big parties like this.

Suddenly I felt someone’s hand grab my wrist and ‘saved’ me from the attention I got from standing on the dance floor. I was being pulled upstairs and into a familiar room. It was Alvan’s room. And guess who pulled me up? Probably you’ve guessed it…yea, it’s Alvan. ‘ thanks for saving me back there. I really appreciate Charmaine dragging me to the dance floor ’ I sarcastically said while rolling my eyes and putting my hands on my waist. Alvan burst out laughing while he went to close his room door and locking it. ‘ welcome, I saw you standing there awkwardly so I guess I’ll just save a damsel in distress ’

I rolled my eyes and dropped my whole body on the bed. I closed my eyes and soon enough, I fell asleep.

Alvan’s POV

I put my index finger on her nose and her nose moved a bit. I giggled at her. She’s so cute when she sleeps. I really want her to be mine forever but probably she doesn’t think the same about me…hmm…what should I do to make her impression of me better? Stop being a douchebag? Stop flirting with other girls? Study harder? It’s so hard…I don’t even know what girls are thinking about…they’re always so complicated.

Hey…I can ask other girls for their opinion! Yes…I’ll ask erm…Kaiyi? Rachel? Charmaine? I don’t even know…

That’s when the doorbell rang. I could still hear the doorbell since I lowered down the volume of the music in case some neighbours complain and start calling the cops. Wait, didn't everyone arrived already? Was there someone I missed out?

I rushed downstairs and had to practically push everyone away, it was so freaking crowded. I seriously need to hold my party at a bigger house or another place. I swung open the door and guess who I saw? Yea…it was Nicole and her gang.