Chapter 11: The Precious Gift

‘ Nicole! What are you doing? ’ I said after she pushed me into my room and locking the door. ‘ Alvan dear, it’s your birthday today. Don’t get upset over that little slut. Let’s enjoy tonight! Come, drink with me. We'll have so much fun ’ and she gave me a 'you know what i mean' look and winked at me. Wait what? Did Nicole just called Renee a slut? How dare she? ‘ Nicole, Renee is not a slut. You’re the slut. You can’t just go around calling others names that are not even true. ’ but by the time I said this, Nicole was already gulping down a whole bottle of beer and getting drunk soon. Luckily I didn’t get drunk even though Nicole forced me to drink a whole bottle down. Although i love alcohol, it only depends who i'm drinking with and the person is NOT Nicole. After most of the guests have left my house, Nicole was already like half-dead. She lay on my bed, sound asleep. I didn’t know what to do with her so I just left her on my bed while I slept downstairs, on the couch.

---

The next day was a school day and I guessed many people had enjoyed themselves during the party. When I was walking along the corridor, many of my friends bro-fist me and telling me ‘ hey bro, nice party you got yesterday ’. Apart from these compliments, I heard gossips from many people too. I went to my locker and overheard some girls saying ‘ omg! Alvan and Nicole spent the night together yesterday!!! I heard from others that they even got drunk and probably got into bed, together ’ the other girls giggled a little. I got so mad at these rumours that I slammed my locker door shut, before glaring at the ‘gossip girls’. After they saw me, their eyes widened and quickly shuffled away. I clenched my fists and stomped towards Nicole’s locker.

---

‘ Nicole! I need to ask you something now. ’ she turned around and gave me a bright smile. ‘ oh Alvan hon! You missed me? Haha, I know you did. What is it? ’ I asked her about the rumours and she admitted that she was the one to spread the rumours ‘ I mean like, since everyone asked me if I stayed over at your house and I did so they just assumed that we slept in the same bed. You can’t blame them, right? ’I warned her to stop bothering me and told her to stop spreading rumours about us. She nodded and went off with her gang, probably she didn't even care.

Well, I walked towards Renee’s locker, hoping to see her there. Sure enough, she was still at her locker. I put a wide smile on my face and tapped on her shoulder. She turned around and she smiled back. But the weird thing is that after she saw me, her smile turned to a frown. I didn’t care much about the frown so I just started a conversation with her. Instead of replying me with her cheerful voice, she rolled her eyes and just walked off. Wait, so Renee’s angry at me now? What’s going on these days?

---

I went to my room and threw my bag on the floor, I collapsed in my bed and just closed my eyes for a few seconds. I opened my eyes and sat right up. Then, I saw something on the table. I picked it up and there was a note attached to it. Wait, i didn't see that there yesterday? I read the note:

Alvan, happy birthday!! I’m sorry I left early and not telling you face-to-face. But after you left with Nicole, I guess I shouldn’t disturb you guys. Anyway, I’m not a ‘party-everyday’ type of person so I guess I’ll leave early. Well, the gift is your birthday present. I really hope you’ll like it. I don’t really know what you like for your birthday so I just tried to pick something out. And btw, don’t ever come and look for me in school or text me or anything. Let’s just pretend we’ve never met each other okay? So erm…bye forever?

-Renee

Why did Renee ask me to leave her alone? Why do i have a feeling that this concerns Nicole? So many questions just formed in my mind. I tore open the nicely wrapped gift and there I saw, a limited edition soccer ball and there was something written on it. I looked closely and I saw Renee’s signature and a short note on the ball: Happy Birthday Alvan. May all your wishes come true (:

My eyes began to have a burning sensation and tears welled up in my eyes. But silly Renee, my only wish now is for you to be with me…

Author's note: Hey guyss!! I'm sorry i've not been updating recently :( I'll try to finish the next chapter quickly but the bad news is that i'm going overseas this week so i'll be busy packing and before you know it, i'll be flying off...i'm so sorry. Forgive me kay? when i'm back, i'll update more okay? i'm so sorry ><