TWELVE | APOLOGIZE

TWELVE | APOLOGIZE

ROMAN HAD FINALLY MADE IT HOME, WAY MORE SOBER THAN HE WAS EARLIER THAT EVENING. After ten minutes of aimlessly wandering around the huge hotel parking lot, he had come across his car. He was quick to get in and speed off, but not even after five minutes of driving, he knew he was too drunk for that. Roman had pulled over and stayed there in his car until he sobered up a bit. 

Now, it was way past nine and he had just arrived back home. Eleanor had been blowing his phone up like crazy and quite frankly, Roman wasn't in the mood to talk to her at the moment; or even see her for that matter. 

"Roman, honey? Is that you?" A worried woman came around the corner. 

With a heavy sigh, he closed the front door behind him and stood there waiting for her. "Yes, it's me," Roman said sluggishly. 

"I'm so glad you're home now! I was getting so worried when you weren't answering my messages." Eleanor threw her arms around him as she rambled on. "Hey, have you been drinking?" She sniffed him, the scent of alcohol present. 

"Yeah," Roman wasn't in the mood to try and lie to her, he simply just wanted to go lay down. 

She let go of him and let out a huff, "Please tell me you didn't do anything stupid?" 

I mean, I drunkenly kissed our teenage neighbor because I was upset that you're having an affair with Clark Campbell. Does that count as something stupid? He wanted to say but knew it probably wouldn't be in his favor to admit all that. 

"I don't believe I did," Roman answered instead, looking down at his wife with a convincing smile. He didn't want her to know that he knew the truth, not yet. The Italian had decided to wait it out, and strike when the moment was right. 

Eleanor smiled up at him as she stepped closer, pressing herself against her husband's frontal. He looked down with a raised brow. A devilish smirk was plastered on her lips as her slender hands rubbed up and down his chest slowly as she started kissing his neck, "I was so worried about you." She seductively whispered into his ear.

Roman was not having it, not this time. All he could think about was her and Clark Campbell together, kissing each other, making love to each over. 

"Eleanor, I'm not in the mood. I'm tired." He sighed, pushing her away. The Italian was trying to let her down lightly.  

His wife pouted, "Baby, I've missed you. For a while now, it feels like there's something unsaid between us. Like we've been distant." She said innocently as if she didn't know. "I don't want that," Eleanor said as she placed light kisses against his skin. 

Roman rolled his eyes at her, he didn't want this. He sat there, wanting to push her off of him. He wanted to tell her that he knew. He wanted to tell her that he never wanted to speak to her again for hurting him like that. But, he couldn't.

Roman couldn't find it in him to tell the woman who has been with him through thick and thin that he was done with her. They had so much history together, he felt like they were stuck with one another whether they liked it or not.

He needed to find the strength to confront her. He needed to lash out at her, yell at her and tell her how upset he was. However, he couldn't do it. Roman was weak when it came to Eleanor, which she knew, so he just stood there quietly as she kissed him. 

"You know I only love you." She mumbled against his lips before placing a kiss on them. Roman's jaw clenched as he felt himself get furious at that little statement that was meant to be meaningful.

Eleanor continued to kiss his lips, not noticing how Roman had turned red and hot with anger. She was oblivious to his mood swing as she took his hands that were now on his sides and placed them on her hips. Her kisses getting rougher and more demanding.